Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Thinking of paying off my tab for a cheaper plan.

I currently have a Large tab with a little under $200 owing. If I pay of my tab can I switch to a cheaper plan such as the 35 or 40$ plans? Also it says that paying off my tab will come as a one time fee on my next bill but can I change my plan before that bill comes out? Lastly, when I change my plan will I pay the new plan price on my next bill or will I have to wait for another month in order for the plan to change ( I am asking because I am currently in the middle of a billing month) ? Thanks for any help in advance.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
You can pay off your tab and then switch plans same day however your bill will be pro rated for your old plan until today and then your new plan from now till your bill cycle and then for the next month. If you can afford a rather large bill then do it today. If not I'd wait until a day before your bill date.
Chad Burr wrote:

You can pay off your tab and then switch plans same day however your bill will be pro rated for y...

Sorry just claifying, what you are saying is that if I were to do it today, since I have 11 days left to my next bill I would pay about two thirds of my current bill price and one third of the new bill price, plus the rest of the tab? Thank you for the clarification
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

You can pay off your tab and then switch plans same day however your bill will be pro rated for y...

And one month of your new plan
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Oops no charges for your current plan since you already paid that