Koodo Community

Community

Solved

The New Razer Mobile Gamers phone just rolled out can I order it through koodo?

I would like to order the New Razer phone through Koodo and pay for it using the tab since it is a $900 device, can this be done? This phone is in a class above current phones and is Razer's first mobile device with it's only big issue being it's camera drivers which they are working out the bugs on. All in all it is a very solid device which is even more so for a normal user.

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can only buy it from Razer. No carrier has picked it up yet afaik and I'm not sure they will to be honest.
Allan wrote:

You can only buy it from Razer. No carrier has picked it up yet afaik and I'm not sure they will ...

Even so if it was not then, would the sim card work based on the specs provided? At the very least I would penny aside the money for it, order it then install Koodo's sim.
I see this phone as a possible major competitor in the future based on razors track record for it's current product's, they always push it a step further (in a stable manner) than the normal top companies.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

You can only buy it from Razer. No carrier has picked it up yet afaik and I'm not sure they will ...

Oh yes, it's fully supported by Koodo. Let us know how you like it if you choose to pick one up! Definitely a worthwhile phone to get.
Allan wrote:

Will do thanks for the quick feedback. 🙂 . I'm a little new to getting phones outside of my carrier. I'm not feeling in the dark about it now. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

For future reference Koodo uses: 3G: 850MHz and 1900MHz LTE: Band 4 (1700/2100MHz) LTE+: Band 7 (2600MHz) and 700MHz frequencies. For 3G you ideally want both although it will partially function on just one of the frequencies. LTE only uses Band 4, it's the big frequency you're looking for. And LTE+ is less important as it's not fully deployed across Canada but if you live in or near a big city you'll definitely appreciate it.
Allan wrote:

You sir deserve a cookie! You live up to your rep points.
[b]    _.:::::._      .:::'_|_':::.     /::' --|-- '::\    |:" .---"---. ':|    |: ( O R E O ) :|    |:: '-------' ::|     \:::.......:::/   ':::::::::::'         ''"""''
OK so I right now have a lg g6 with koodo if I was to buy the Razer Phone and want to use it do i just put my sim card in it or do I have to get a new sim card from koodo
J Doyle wrote:

OK so I right now have a lg g6 with koodo if I was to buy the Razer Phone and want to use it...

If the sim card from the G6 fits in the Razer phone you can just swap them over. If it doesnt you will have to buy a new sim.
J Doyle wrote:

OK so I right now have a lg g6 with koodo if I was to buy the Razer Phone and want to use it...

Ok will look into it the wife wants a new phone so If I buy it she can have my lg and move to koodo with me
J Doyle wrote:

Good idea. If she doesnt want to move you can get the G6 unlocked and still give it to her to use with whoever she is with.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
J Doyle wrote:

Both the razer phone and lg g6 use nano sim cards so you'll be good.
J Doyle wrote:

yeah will look up the  phone more befor i do anyting i'm to cheap lol 🙂
J Doyle wrote:

Do you know what os the razer is on and if it gets the cell alerts 
I'm trying to find out with no luck
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
J Doyle wrote:

From what I can see its on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 8.1 (Oreo). You can contact Razer to double check though if you'd like.
J Doyle wrote:

so my lg g6 is on 8 so same thing
J Doyle wrote:

Do you know if it'll connect to 4G LTE on Razer Phone
J Doyle wrote:

Nvm I think it willl
J Doyle wrote:

Ok sent for it will have it june 1
If she moves to koodo will she be able to get the same plane I am on 
Userlevel 4
J Doyle wrote:

Does anybody know if the Lgg6 got the Oreo update yet on Koodo thanks
J Doyle wrote:

My lg g6 is running 8.0.0
Userlevel 4
J Doyle wrote:

When you say 8.0.0 does that mean Oreo and can you get the WiFi calling sorry i am new at this thanks
J Doyle wrote:

Yes I belive 8 is Oreo 
Yes you can get WiFi calling
J Doyle wrote:

Are you sure the LG g6 can do wifi calling on Koodo? It isnt listed as a supported device yet.
Userlevel 4
J Doyle wrote:

I been watching for the listed phones didn't see it on Koodo i think Telus has it only way to no if someone tried it on Koodo with the 8.0.0 update
J Doyle wrote:

When I update from 7 to 8 it asked me if I wanted to use wifi calling 
I didn't ok it data calling is better for me where I am never home in the day
But it did ask if I wanted to use wifi calling and i think it is in the settings now to change it to wifi calling if I want