Koodo Community

Community

The form should require you to Enter what phone you have.

Userlevel 7
I find one of the most frequent questions I want to ask people who post here for help is "What Phone do you have". Perhaps the page where you're asking this question should include a simple IF / Then argument IF you are asking a question about your specific phone THEN what phone do you have.

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Definetly a great idea, Chad! It's more difficult to help someone who doesn't post their phone and then having to wait hours to days for a reply.
Userlevel 1
Hear Hear! 😃
Userlevel 6
Make sure the form doesn't have a default device selectable though.
Userlevel 4
Sounds good, but it should be taken with consideration: A lot of people don't know or know wrongly. (Ask any network's customer service rep.) On top of that, there are often several versions of the same phone. Say, someone says they have a Sony E10 and its not finding a network. Then we might be able to conclude that they are talking about a SonyEricsson xperia mini - but we don't know if it is the normal version or the North American version (which you'd need).
Userlevel 7
Daniel AJ wrote:

Sounds good, but it should be taken with consideration: A lot of people don't know or know wrongl...

The user could be asked, Android iPhone BB or Other
Userlevel 5
Daniel AJ wrote:

Sounds good, but it should be taken with consideration: A lot of people don't know or know wrongl...

While I agree with Daniel, any information is better than no information. Even simply saying it's an LG when talking about something with data would help narrow it down to an android device.
Daniel AJ wrote:

Chad, I agree the user can be asked by having multiple drop down menus to help the select the exact phone they have. For example first level allows you to pick the brand (LG, Samsung, iPhone) then second menu will shorten the models available based on the first selection. Once the user selects the brand, a thumbnail will pop up so the user can verify that indeed their phone looks the same.
Userlevel 7
Daniel AJ wrote:

Thanks Jason, This idea was posted 4 months ago and has been marked as under consideration. Please try to focus your efforts on the new questions as those are people who are in the most need. Thanks and welcome to the community. -Chad
Userlevel 1
What if Community Webmaster just inserts a remark on the top of "Ask question" like: (If you want your question to be answered quickly please specify model of your phone and if it is a Koodo or an ulocked phone) ?
Userlevel 1
MatB wrote:

What if Community Webmaster just inserts a remark on the top of "Ask question" like: (If you wan...

Problem is, most people don't read, or even search for their question. They just blaze in, type it and press Enter
Badge +4
I posed a similar suggestion a year ago, I received the "under consideration" reply. The post has been archived due to it's age. http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/details_details_for_self_help?utm_content=reply_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=reply_notification#reply_7300632
Userlevel 7
rikkster wrote:

I posed a similar suggestion a year ago, I received the "under consideration" reply. The post has...

It didn't come up when I posed the question. Or id have just tacked onto yours. where's that parrot badge when clearly I've earned it.
It can be coded(I'd imagine anyways) into the forum to have the submit button greyed out until they choose what phone they are using.
Userlevel 1
This Post was not shown as answered yet, since Chad brought it a month ago, no reaction from Koodo officals, I think probably they did not figure out yet how to add that (simple IF / Then argument) question of "What Phone do you have?" to make it easy on posters to select brand of the phone they are calling about.
MatB wrote:

This Post was not shown as answered yet, since Chad brought it a month ago, no reaction from Kood...

I'm sure they are aware mat, but there's no need to respond to a thread that's over a month old. It's considered bad forum etiquette to necro an old thread.
Badge +4
MatB wrote:

This Post was not shown as answered yet, since Chad brought it a month ago, no reaction from Kood...

My suggestion is still under consideration and that was over a year ago. There has to be a simple way where the customer cannot proceed to the community without first inputting a few basic particulars about their device, or as Cast has suggested regarding the greyed out submit button.
Userlevel 7
MatB wrote:

You could have easily posted a reply in the other thread asking for an update.
Badge +4
MatB wrote:

A little more initative on Koodo's part would have been appreciated.
Userlevel 5
MatB wrote:

I agree with rikkster. I'm hoping this will come up because a lot of people just post their problems without giving important information, such as the type of phone they have.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is also the possibility of tagging things up! While new posters won't even bother...
Could Koodo add an option to input (but not have displayed on the forum) the IMEI by the poster and generate the specific phone device to display on the forum post?
Userlevel 4
stumblelina wrote:

Could Koodo add an option to input (but not have displayed on the forum) the IMEI by the poster a...

This thread is a year old...no necroposting....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
stumblelina wrote:

Could Koodo add an option to input (but not have displayed on the forum) the IMEI by the poster a...

It's an idea thread and it's a valid suggestion, although I don't think it will work that well, going by how often the compatibility tool koodo already has can't identify the phone by the imei.
Userlevel 4
stumblelina wrote:

One would think the person would know what phone they have opposed to "oh, this one looks pretty."
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
stumblelina wrote:

You work in tech support and you can still say that with a straight face?