Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Texting Jamaica

My plan says it includes unlimited international texting and I was wondering if that includes Jamaica? I tried texting last year but the person said they never got it - are there limits as to who can receive them??

5 replies

Userlevel 5
There isn't limits on countries but rather what carriers Koodo has international agreements with. What carrier is the other person with in Jamaica?
You know, I'm not really sure.... Is there a list of carriers somewhere?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes it does include texting to Jamaica, but only to those service providers that Koodo has an agreement with. This includes LIME, Claro, and Digicel. Texting to a Jamaican number who is with a different service provider may not work You can find the information here: http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/text-and-messaging/what-calling-code-do-i-use-for-international-texts
Thank you Dennis! Digicel sounds right but last year he said he never received my messages? Any way of tracking whether or not they were received?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Deb aberdein wrote:

Thank you Dennis! Digicel sounds right but last year he said he never received my messages? Any...

It's tough with international texts. You could give Koodo tech support (1-866-995-6636 option 5) a call to see if the message left the Koodo network. However after that your friend in Jamaica might need to call their provider to see why it was not properly received