Koodo Community
Solved

text scam

• 15 September 2020
  • 7 replies

I attached the screenshot of the text I received I didnt switch carriers or phone plans? Going to assume this is  a scam? Anybody have anything similar 

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 15 September 2020, 14:22

That's the number for koodo’s porting department. Call it. Someone is trying to steal your number.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That's the number for koodo’s porting department. Call it. Someone is trying to steal your number.

Userlevel 7

This is not a scam. Illegal porting. Call the number ASAP

This is not a scam. Illegal porting. Call the number ASAP

I did it's not open and says thanks for calling telus

Userlevel 7

The porting department open at 9am

Userlevel 7

Message may say Telus because Koodo is owned by Telus and the same porting department services for both 

I got a text message indicating my recent payment failed and to resume services go to ‘netflx-ca-renewal.online. It asked you to sign in with your Netflix userid and password (which is a ruse) and it takes you to another page to update your credit card information. I entered a fake userid and password and it still took me to the credit info page.

Do NOT update information this way, always go to the host services web page, in this case, Netflix.com and enter your credentials. 

Userlevel 7

@Lowseas  This is obviously a phishing scheme. Do not get involved in any response to the scammers, just ignore them. Following their link may expose you to their malware!

Thank you for sharing this with the community!