Koodo Community
Solved

text

• 18 November 2020
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 1

Got a text from Koodo say that I can have a free gift of 2gb data or 1000long distant minutes on my monthly plan is this real or a scam. 

icon

Best answer by Kerri-Lee Cushing-Mitchener 19 November 2020, 03:21

Wow. All I have to say is thank you Dennis foe finding out the answer to my question. I gratefully accepted the free data offered to this long time client 😃. All three of my kids and myself have been Koodo clients from thier first phones and have always had good service! Is it a bit irritating that you cant talk to them on a phone like mist companies, yes but I guess it is like when we lost grocery bagging in stores. To bring better prices, sime things are sacrificed. Thanks to thise that answered my question. I appreciate your efforts to help!   

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does it ask you to do anything? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does it also says IF you upgrade your phone on Tab?

Userlevel 1

To reply to the text 1000ld for long distance minutes or 2gb for data

Userlevel 1

Does it ask you to do anything? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hmm…. I havent heard anything like this as a promo.  Let me flag this to a rep for you

Userlevel 2

I got the same text. All it asks you to do is to reply with 2GIG or The minutes.

Userlevel 2

This is the text:

Koodo: Hey Kerri-Lee, here's a chance to Choose Happy from your friends at Koodo. Take a free gift on us - no contract, no catch, no worries! Take your pick of extra data OR long distance minutes:

Reply:
2GIG for 2GB of extra monthly data on Canada's largest 4G LTE network.
-or-
1000LD for 1,000 monthly long distance minutes to the US, India, China, and Hong Kong.

Your gift is yours every month until you change your plan. Conditions and exclusions may apply. These offers are available until November 22, 2020 at 11:59PM. You're included on the list for Koodo offers and deals. To be excluded, reply "unsubscribe" or visit bit.ly/UctlZt

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Kerri-Lee Cushing-Mitchener im starting to think it is legit, but let’s wait to see what Koodo says.  I have already flagged a rep and our Koodo contacts with this question

Userlevel 2

Thank you. I will wait to see what you come up with. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

A Rep just confirmed in another thread. It's legit. You cna only redeem by replying as per the instructions

Userlevel 2

Thank you!

All I know is that Koodo is a complete waste of time and has no interest in consumers time and safety.  When I received this text I was suspicious so I logged into my account to see if there was such an offer there and there was not. This made me more suspicious so I wanted to confirm with Koodo that this was legitimate or not so that they could prevent any customers like myself from being scanned.  Koodo automated system is a joke and wastes people’s time.  I searched online to see if this offer was posted to be legit or not.  I then wasted more time and called Koodo to talk to a human. I then waited for a call back. I then spent 30 plus minutes talking to someone at Koodo who said they can not confirm or deny that this was a real offer from Koodo and that Koodo is a big business and she doesn’t know if maybe someone else did make that offer. She said she guesses it is real and that I should not worry.

If this is a legitimate offer by Koodo they are negligent in not posting anywhere online that such an offer exists , nor posting such an offer under people’s account or even making their staff aware of such an offer.  I have wasted far too much time trying to figure out for Koodo if this is a legitimate text from them or a scam to their consumers. I will be filing a complaint to the CRTC for violations for risking the safety and privacy if it’s customers. At no time should Kodoo not be able to verify if a solicitation for services is legitimate or fraudulent. 

So now Koodo will be receiving a CRTC complaint listing several violations.  Koodo has no right to solicit services using names and numbers without being able to easily verify that it was actually their solicitation.

This is exactly why there is so much fraud and identity theft .  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could you please stop spamming all kinds of threads, @Koodo sucks a lot ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

All I know is that Koodo is a complete waste of time and has no interest in consumers time and safety.  When I received this text I was suspicious so I logged into my account to see if there was such an offer there and there was not. This made me more suspicious so I wanted to confirm with Koodo that this was legitimate or not so that they could prevent any customers like myself from being scanned.  Koodo automated system is a joke and wastes people’s time.  I searched online to see if this offer was posted to be legit or not.  I then wasted more time and called Koodo to talk to a human. I then waited for a call back. I then spent 30 plus minutes talking to someone at Koodo who said they can not confirm or deny that this was a real offer from Koodo and that Koodo is a big business and she doesn’t know if maybe someone else did make that offer. She said she guesses it is real and that I should not worry.

If this is a legitimate offer by Koodo they are negligent in not posting anywhere online that such an offer exists , nor posting such an offer under people’s account or even making their staff aware of such an offer.  I have wasted far too much time trying to figure out for Koodo if this is a legitimate text from them or a scam to their consumers. I will be filing a complaint to the CRTC for violations for risking the safety and privacy if it’s customers. At no time should Kodoo not be able to verify if a solicitation for services is legitimate or fraudulent. 

Koodo is definitely far from perfect, but you getting upset with Koodo giving you free data might not have the uptake you are looking for.  A response was given the same day you asked the question.  They are not soliciting services, they are giving their own customers freebies.  So… good luck with your fight, but not expect much from the CRTC on this.

Before you open your big mouth why don’t you fix the problem at its source. You were doing massive text spams that looked fraudulent. Even under my account no such offer existed. After numerous google searches to see if this was fraud, a 30 + minute phone conversation with a Koodo rep who said she could not confirm or deny it was real but believes it is so I should click on it proves the shear pathetic incompetent professionalism.  If you think my post are an issue it took over 2.5 hours for someone to finally say “ oh yah that was us”.  Only morons would send out a spammed text and not tell anyone else at Koodo it was real.  You are pathetic to whine about my concerns involving a possible fraudulent text from Koodo.  You should be trying to figure what moron spammed people by texts without allowing anyone at Koodo to know they were doing.  Take accountability for your unprofessional conduct and lack of accountability of even knowing what’s going on inside of Koodo. Please pass on our conversations to your manager as I will be adding them to my complaint to the CRTC

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You are yelling at the clouds.. we’re just customers like yourself. We are not able to fix anything. Anyway, I will say the same as Dennis, good luck with your fight. Let’s hope Koodo never gives away data again to you since it upsets you so :rofl:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Before you open your big mouth why don’t you fix the problem at its source. You were doing massive text spams that looked fraudulent. Even under my account no such offer existed. After numerous google searches to see if this was fraud, a 30 + minute phone conversation with a Koodo rep who said she could not confirm or deny it was real but believes it is so I should click on it proves the shear pathetic incompetent professionalism.  If you think my post are an issue it took over 2.5 hours for someone to finally say “ oh yah that was us”.  Only morons would send out a spammed text and not tell anyone else at Koodo it was real.  You are pathetic to whine about my concerns involving a possible fraudulent text from Koodo.  You should be trying to figure what moron spammed people by texts without allowing anyone at Koodo to know they were doing.  Take accountability for your unprofessional conduct and lack of accountability of even knowing what’s going on inside of Koodo. Please pass on our conversations to your manager as I will be adding them to my complaint to the CRTC

I dont have a problem.  I was not spamming you. 

God forbid a company try different forms of promotions to give you free stuff.

You are the one getting all in a huff when I said I flagged it to a rep for you.  You got a response without ever needing to be hold.  It was confirmed it was not a fraudulent texts.

I also have no manager here.  Please read on all my posts that says I am not an employee.  I was trying to help you on my own time and yet your crap on us.  And all this just because Koodo offered you free minutes.  This is laughable.  How dare Koodo offer you free data

Userlevel 2

Wow. All I have to say is thank you Dennis foe finding out the answer to my question. I gratefully accepted the free data offered to this long time client 😃. All three of my kids and myself have been Koodo clients from thier first phones and have always had good service! Is it a bit irritating that you cant talk to them on a phone like mist companies, yes but I guess it is like when we lost grocery bagging in stores. To bring better prices, sime things are sacrificed. Thanks to thise that answered my question. I appreciate your efforts to help!   

Userlevel 1

@Kerri-Lee Cushing-Mitchener  so it worked it shows you have 2extra gb in your account

I received the text as well, but wanted to look into it a bit first before responding and found this thread helpful, thank you! I just responded to the text and can confirm that the 2GB is now visible in my Self Serve. Thanks Koodo! Thanks thread!

Userlevel 2

I would also like to recognize that I just got a call from Koodo to apologize for the unfortunate exchange by some people while trying to confirm the promotional 2GB free gift. He also thanked me for sending out appreciation to those that helped to confirm the information for me and other customers. This was a nice gesture; Koodo didnt have to do this, just as Dennis and others didnt have to take the time to find out answers to our questions. I am grateful to all thank you all. Have a wonderful day!

Userlevel 2

I do have one further question. Does the 2 additional GB's get applied to the next billing cycle as I dont see them reflected on my account yet. It sounded like KRed has thiers reflected right away? Thanks anyone with an answer.

I see there is a note about add on's but whetr I look at my usage, it still only shows my current 2GB. So does the additional 2GB only happen if I use up the original amount? I just want to be sure of what is there.

Userlevel 1

I do have one further question. Does the 2 additional GB's get applied to the next billing cycle as I dont see them reflected on my account yet. It sounded like KRed has thiers reflected right away? Thanks anyone with an answer.

I see there is a note about add on's but whetr I look at my usage, it still only shows my current 2GB. So does the additional 2GB only happen if I use up the original amount? I just want to be sure of what is there.

My extra 2gb shows up in my add ons and it separate on my usage then my other data

Userlevel 2

Thank you for that. Becauae I put a limit on my phone to not go over the 2 GB, i just want to ensure the next 2GB will automatically kick in if needed. I likely won't even use that much often however it is nice to know its there if needed. 

So you have seen it applied on your account use but just separated?