Koodo Community

Community

Question

Temporary SIM card for Europe?

Hi, I have 2 phones with Koodo and wanted to purchase a SIM card for the use of 10 days in Europe (No, I cant bring my current phones/SIM cards - they belong to the kids). Is this something I can do?

All in: I want a SIM card, to put in my unlocked Iphone to use whil[i]st in Europe and want to cancel the service after 2 weeks, when I get back - for only that specific SIM card, not affecting the other two phones and their SIM cards.

To otherworldly? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sure! Put the sim card and service of your choice in and you're good to go while in Europe. Pick a plan in x country with the data threshold that let's you use data around the EU if you'll be in multiple countries and you'll be fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's possible. 
But if you add a SIM/line/new number for your trip, you will pay for service/plan  plus roaming fee.
The cheapest plan with data is $45 + easy roam $10/day when you used it.

If you have an extra unlocked phone, then it might be better to buy a local SIM in Europe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

It's possible. 
But if you add a SIM/line/new number for your trip, you will pay for service...

Oh, maybe I misunderstood OP's question. I thought s/he wanted to buy Koodo SIM.
Follow Goran's suggestion  :) 
True... but this helps with my research, thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Worth checking out:  http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Prepaid_SIM_with_data