Koodo Community
Question

TCL 20 Pro & TV Promo Question

Hi everyone. 

I ordered the TCL 20 Pro 5G, with the impression that I would receive a 55" 4k TV if ordered by May 20. (See attached screenshot, sent to me via text)

I ordered the phone on May 19. However, when I registered my device at the TCLPromo/mysimplemarketplace website, it stated that the offer was only valid on devices purchased until May 17. (Attached email confirmation, received May 26)

I have yet to actually unbox my new phone, as I was waiting to confirm that I would indeed receive the promotion as advertised before opening and using it. However, I have yet to receive any further confirmation from mysimplemarletplace. I'm not sure if I should keep waiting the 60 days, or if I should start a refund process, as I only went with the TCL 20 Pro based on the advertised promotion. 

Anyone else having issues or concerns about this? Not sure how to proceed.

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would reach out directly to them:

Contact one of our friendly customer care representatives for assistance with redemptions or technical support.

Phone: 800-974-9865

Email: support@mysimplemarketplace.com

Good luck - I also bought this device for the TV promo and had issues with the website, but thought it got through… called to check on the status and they said I hadn’t replied in the time frame and since the registration closed 8 hours previously no tv… so DO NOT RECOMMEND TCL… hate the phone too… but alas since I couldn’t get a case for it (no one had them), I cracked the screen - the warranty I purchased with the phone will repair it but I cannot return the phone and am stuck with a phone I hate, dealing with a company I dislike - TCL not Koodo… I have been a happy customer of Koodo for many year and this is the first time I have ever been so disappointed that I am considering switching companies.  You can only return the phone for buyers remorse for 30 days so if it has been longer than that you are stuck with the phone.

I bought mine May 14, registered for the tv. Have heard nothing. I did get confirmation I was registered.  

As for the phone ... Cripes. No cases available for the first month. Dropped it, smashed the back. Always get the extra warranty and I must have unchecked it by mistake when I purchased it. Who makes an entirely glass phone??? Omg.  No cases, and no parts to fix it either! Ridiculous. The phone is pretty awful. I didn't expect any of this from Koodo. Have been a long and loyal customer and I have never hated a phone so much. Sigh.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I bought mine May 14, registered for the tv. Have heard nothing. I did get confirmation I was registered.  

As for the phone ... Cripes. No cases available for the first month. Dropped it, smashed the back. Always get the extra warranty and I must have unchecked it by mistake when I purchased it. Who makes an entirely glass phone??? Omg.  No cases, and no parts to fix it either! Ridiculous. The phone is pretty awful. I didn't expect any of this from Koodo. Have been a long and loyal customer and I have never hated a phone so much. Sigh.

What didn't you expect from Koodo? Koodo does have a return policy if you don't like your purchase so you could have returned the phone if you didn't like it within the first few weeks. Doesn't help you now but something to keep in mind for next time.

Userlevel 6

Why are you blaming Koodo - they don't make the phones - just sell them like any other store. Did you not do your research when you picked the phone? 

I must admit, finding cases for this phone was hard, but I ordered one from Ebay. Took a bit, but fits fine and works well. Still waiting to hear back on TV. Will be 60 days around mid July for me.

Today is my 60th days. I haven't received any validation email from TCL. I have been closely emailing them about the validation through out the course of 60 days period. Truly disappointed about TCL's attitude as well as the phone. I believe the phone comes with the case but Koodo like any other Canadian carrier would take the phone case out of the box and try to bump their accessories sale. 

I have crack the phone screen just like other and now stuck with crack screen phone and contract anddd also not receiving tv.  Not their fault about the crack but they shouldn't take the case out. 

I am writing a complaint right now for fraud and scam because they fail to send out the tv within 60days as promised. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Today is my 60th days. I haven't received any validation email from TCL. I have been closely emailing them about the validation through out the course of 60 days period.

I am writing a complaint right now for fraud and scam because they fail to send out the tv within 60days as promised. 

Others posted an update here saying that they contacted TCL and was told its a bit delayed and some have gotten their redemption emails:

As for your complaint the terms and conditions state the following. Feel free to write it but it probably won't go far as companies always make sure they're covered:

"TCL reserves the right to substitute promotional items. Limit one TV per eligible TCL phone.  Offer is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or credit. Promotion rules are subject to change at the discretion of TCL."

Hi everyone. 

I ordered the TCL 20 Pro 5G, with the impression that I would receive a 55" 4k TV if ordered by May 20. (See attached screenshot, sent to me via text)

I ordered the phone on May 19. However, when I registered my device at the TCLPromo/mysimplemarketplace website, it stated that the offer was only valid on devices purchased until May 17. (Attached email confirmation, received May 26)

I have yet to actually unbox my new phone, as I was waiting to confirm that I would indeed receive the promotion as advertised before opening and using it. However, I have yet to receive any further confirmation from mysimplemarletplace. I'm not sure if I should keep waiting the 60 days, or if I should start a refund process, as I only went with the TCL 20 Pro based on the advertised promotion. 

Anyone else having issues or concerns about this? Not sure how to proceed.

Mine was registered on the 6 and I still haven't received any info on how to get my tv

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Mine was registered on the 6 and I still haven't received any info on how to get my tv

Have you reached out to them yet for an update?

I called them this morning.... The 18th was my 60 days... And they said if I don't get an email by august to call back! Still pissed off tho…

I just got an email back from the marketplace and have been told I did not qualify for the promotion. I read through everything and thought I followed all the steps correctly.  Anyone else get non-eligible email?
I only got this phone due to the promotion, and now I can’t even return it to get something better because my 30 days are up(Bought the phone way back mid-may).:disappointed:

I received my email saying that my IMEI # doesn't qualify. Koodo advertised that this TCL 20 Pro 5G qualified for a free TV. Had they not advertised this TV, I would never have gotten this phone as it constantly freezes and I don't receive all notifications.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just got an email back from the marketplace and have been told I did not qualify for the promotion. I read through everything and thought I followed all the steps correctly.  Anyone else get non-eligible email?

I received my email saying that my IMEI # doesn't qualify. Koodo advertised that this TCL 20 Pro 5G qualified for a free TV. Had they not advertised this TV, I would never have gotten this phone as it constantly freezes and I don't receive all notifications.

To the two of you, have you tried contacting them and asking why it doesn’t qualify/what went wrong?

Userlevel 1

I also got the email for not qualifying I called my simple marketplace and the agent told me that an alarming amount of people are receiving this email. All my information was correct and registered in time for the promotion. They created a ticket and said they would be in touch.

This is very bad. Don't offer something if you can't keep your promises and tell people that they don't qualify when they clearly do

WHAT A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  good job KOODO and the phone is garbage 

I called them this morning.... The 18th was my 60 days... And they said if I don't get an email by august to call back! Still pissed off tho…

good luck!  it was a scam with TCL and Koodo 

Wow, I didn't expect to see this topic gaining so much traction. I guess the 60 day period seems to be up for so many people, and its sad to see so many others reporting that their IMEI was curiously not validated, as i also just got an email.

Seems like a scam at worst or false advertising at best.

Incredibly annoying. I will be following up with mysimplemarketplace to determine the reason for denial, and then I guess contact Koodo about getting a refund on this phone and voiding this new tab. Thankfully I still haven't unboxed it, and the local Kiosk is open for in person appointments again, so hopefully won't be too much of an issue since I have a clear paper trail documenting that I followed all the steps in the offer. Otherwise.... *cough cough* https://www.ontario.ca/page/filing-consumer-complaint

Fingers crossed I'll only be out my time, and the $15 spent on a galaxy themed case and screen protector I had to order from China for this obscure model of phone, lol.

Will update again once I find out more. Wishing luck to everyone still waiting. ✌

Wow, I didn't expect to see this topic gaining so much traction. I guess the 60 day period seems to be up for so many people, and its sad to see so many others reporting that their IMEI was curiously not validated, as i also just got an email.

Seems like a scam at worst or false advertising at best.

Incredibly annoying. I will be following up with mysimplemarketplace to determine the reason for denial, and then I guess contact Koodo about getting a refund on this phone and voiding this new tab. Thankfully I still haven't unboxed it, and the local Kiosk is open for in person appointments again, so hopefully won't be too much of an issue since I have a clear paper trail documenting that I followed all the steps in the offer. Otherwise.... *cough cough* https://www.ontario.ca/page/filing-consumer-complaint

Fingers crossed I'll only be out my time, and the $15 spent on a galaxy themed case and screen protector I had to order from China for this obscure model of phone, lol.

Will update again once I find out more. Wishing luck to everyone still waiting. ✌

Let us know what they say. This doesn’t seem right at all. Class action suit might be the way to go if more of these pop up. Koodo should be clearing the air around this promotion. This doesn’t look good for either parties at the moment.

I received the email today to redeem my TV through Best Buy. It will be shipped to my house free of charge. I ordered my phone the first day the promo came out. Hope everyone else gets their issues resolved soon too.

I just called them (TCL).

They seem to have a System problem sending this !

I was fully legit (registered between (1 may 2021 and 19) and everything TCL 20 with koodo ). I don’t know if this happend only to koodo people ?

I didn’t try to contact koodo directly ! but TCL for sure.

When i was registering my Cellphone on the simplemarketplace website i had hard time registering my device !!!!! 

The lady was really gentle on the support !! 

They will escalate the tiket and i will se how this is ending !  It’s impossible that they send this promo without honoring it ,it’s just a system problem classifing IMEI into the wrong colum i think !!