Koodo Community

Tcl 20 pro and tv promo

So I got a text on this promo. Tcl 20 pro and a free 55 tcl TV. I knew I had to fill out the information on the tcl promo website. However everytime I submit all my information the page gets a unknown error. I called tcl and spoke with a representative named Jessica who took my information  including the imei of my new phone and submitted the information herself. She got the same page error after submitting too. She said she would escalate this issue with her tec support and I should receive a email in a few days regarding my submission for the tv. It has been 4 days and still no email. I have also emailed tcl support about this issue today.  Anyone else encountering this? I mean my reason for upgrading to this phone was also for the tv.

47 replies

I just purchased same phone with same promotion and never recieved info on where to apply info to recieved 55" tv after Koodo rep said he would email me the form

Brian the website they direct you to is www.tclpromo.ca

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just purchased same phone with same promotion and never recieved info on where to apply info to recieved 55" tv after Koodo rep said he would email me the form

Omg @Brian with Koodo 

Make sure you register for the free tv before the promo expires

https://mysimplemarketplace.com/registration?promotionId=2497000000601

And thats the problem you can't submit the registration as it encounters a error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

And thats the problem you can't submit the registration as it encounters a error.

Let's see if @Brian with Koodo encounters the same error.

And this is the page I get after submitting my info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Gurstralius 

Thanks for flagging it to us! 

It appears to be an issue with the registration on their website, we didn’t have a similar issue reported so far.

Please let us know if TCL gets back to you with an answer in the upcoming days.

@Brian with Koodo Please let us know you get the same error while you attempt to register.

Thanks! 

Same "Unknown error" result. Sent an email to support@mysimplemarketplace.com and called & spoke with operator. Should recieve email confirmation by June 10 was told. 🤞

Wondering if anyone has actually received the redemption email?  I registered 51 days ago and crickets ... They did say it could be up to 60 days but just curious.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Wondering if anyone has actually received the redemption email?  I registered 51 days ago and crickets ... They did say it could be up to 60 days but just curious.

You can contact their support for an update:

Phone: 800-974-9865

Email: support@mysimplemarketplace.com

I’m also waiting to hear back from them as well. Contacted support. Will see what they have to say.

60 days have elasped and no email from mysimplemarketplace for the TV.

Registration completed May 14th!!

This is starting to look like consumer fraud KOODO!!!

60 days have elasped and no email from mysimplemarketplace for the TV.

Registration completed May 14th!!

This is starting to look like consumer fraud KOODO!!!

They are saying it will be going out starting mid July. If it’s past mid July and you still didn’t receive anything yet, call the number below:

Phone: 800-974-9865

Email: support@mysimplemarketplace.com

Just called today and spoke with a service rep at that # and they are saying due to the overwhelming response to this promo they are backed up. Emails will come in the next two to three weeks now past mid July. Keep checking your inbox and junk folder for an email from Simple Marketplace or TCL with "gift" in the subject line. 

Due to overwhelming response is not acceptable... Their terms say up to 60 days.. that's false advertisement as far as I'm concerned, it's not like TCL was accepting registrations forms for extra days following their deadline. TCL knew exactly how many phones each provider had sold during the promotional period (the promo was extended to most cellular providers in Canada). I am 63+ days now and I have friends who have been waiting even longer.. Here's the kicker they've done nothing to "verify" service to our phones with our provider. I find it hard to believe that they're calling providers and getting some sort of information relating to the phones activity on an individual basis. Imagine Koodo staff on the phone with TCL verifying their customers TCL phone is active on the network one by one. Theres no way this is happening so what's the hold up? Koodo should think twice before advertising TCL's flight by night promos. Associate with bad businesses long enough and become labeled as such. I hope we all have our tvs soon but for some reason I feel this battle is just beginning . Good luck everybody. 

I would never have got this piece of crap phone if it wasn’t for the TV. I’ve got crickets on my end too. 

I called and spoke to a nice lady named Janet today. Janet informed me that I would for sure get my tv as I have done everything properly to register but she also stated that TCL was an entire month behind on getting emails out. She also told me that she spoke to a gentleman yesterday who was at 65 days and finally recieved his redemption email. Hopefully we get ours soon. Super frustrating. Day 65 for me.

Registration = may 11

email received july 15 

delivery = today july 16

🤗

Registration = may 11

email received july 15 

delivery = today july 16

🤗

Congrats Steven! Any chance you'd be willing to share a screenshot of the available upgrades? Apparently we should have several options for upgrading the tv for some cash? Thanks for the update that gives me some comfort. 

255$ = 65 ‘’

705$ = 75 ‘’

2 others = 55 and 65 Qled if I remember correctly 

Apparently my IMEI didn't qualify????

Just received the same email other customers got about the IMEI# not qualifying. Followed all directions and received confirmation of registering. VERY annoyed as I also got this phone only for the free TV. Would like a follow up from Koodo regarding this nonsense. Will be calling My Simple Marketplace tomorrow morning.

Just received the same email other customers got about the IMEI# not qualifying. Followed all directions and received confirmation of registering. VERY annoyed as I also got this phone only for the free TV. Would like a follow up from Koodo regarding this nonsense. Will be calling My Simple Marketplace tomorrow morning.

Oddly enough the my simple marketplace line is open 24/7 at 1 800-974-9865. Let us know what they tell you. And please share a screenshot of the email you're refering to. 

Userlevel 1

I also got the email for not qualifying I called my simple marketplace and the agent told me that an alarming amount of people are receiving this email. All my information was correct and registered in time for the promotion. They created a ticket and said they would be in touch.

This is very bad. Don't offer something if you can't keep your promises and tell people that they don't qualify when they clearly do.