Koodo Community

Community

Solved

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 on Koodo?

I live half and half in Canada/USA. When I'm in Canada I use Koodo and when I'm in the USA I use T-Mobile. I'd like to get the Samsung Galaxy 4S but I'd like to make sure it works on both networks. I know my Samsung Galaxy 2 works fine on both but the 3 doesn't (different data frequencies). So? Anybody know for sure? Many thanks in advance!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't think you'll know until it actually gets released, unless the carrier your getting ut from releases the specs and which model they will be carrying.
T-Mobile is heavy into LTE and sounds like Koodo is too. Just not sure if LTE is standard across the two countries. It should be, right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The only S4 variant listed for North America is the GT-I9505. The S2X works on both because it has an AWS band in addition to the more standard American 3G bands. No other S2 has the AWS band. The S3 on the other hand has a separate model for the AWS networks, which is why a T-Mo S3 will not work with Koodo. A Koodo S3 will work on T-Mo, because T-Mo also offers non-AWS 3G coverage (but it's more limited than its AWS coverage). T-Mo is reworking its network to repurpose its AWS deployment for LTE and have its 3G moved away from AWS. This may be why they may be getting the same S4 variant as every other American GSM carrier.
WooHoo! So if there's only on S4 in both countries it's bound to work. T-Mo is going to release on May 1. I'll still be here in the USA on May 1 so I could pick one up and head home with it. I'd love to hear the price from Koodo and T-Mobile before I make the jump. Any more news on release dates and prices from Koodo yet?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bob wrote:

WooHoo! So if there's only on S4 in both countries it's bound to work. T-Mo is going to release...

Nothing yet and won't be till around the time of release.When they do release any further info bit will be on Koodo Facebook page so keep an eye there. It should be released around the same time though.
Bob wrote:

WooHoo! So if there's only on S4 in both countries it's bound to work. T-Mo is going to release...

Who still uses facebook? So 2011. Maybe I should just go get a beeper or fax machine so I can keep up with the latest at Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bob wrote:

Every single person I know and meet even older ppl and companies have facebook so I don't think it's as played out as you think.
Bob wrote:

You might be right about the older people. They still use beepers and bag phones and fax machines too. 🙂 Anyway hopefully the Koodo web site will have info on the release date. Can't wait! Looks like a great phone.