Koodo Community
Question

System upgrades for two days?

• 25 January 2016
  • 9 replies

My new phone and SIM card arrived a couple of days ago, and I want to activate the SIM card online. When I click on "Change phone" in the self-serve menu, I get a message that "We're currently making system upgrades." It seems a little unusual for this to have been going on for two whole days, so I figured I'd check and see if it was just me before I go borrow a phone to call in.

This is happening both on Firefox and Chrome, and I've cleared the caches on both browsers. Is anyone able to access the "Change Phone" menu?

Thanks!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Emflem,

It's going to be down until the end of February. Give customer service a call and they will update your account with the proper information. I had to do this myself on Friday, there will not be any charge because of this.
Hi Emflem,

It's going to be down until the end of February. Give customer service a call and the...
Thanks! That's good to know.

Userlevel 7
Hi Emflem,

It's going to be down until the end of February. Give customer service a call and the...
No problem! Have a good evening!
Userlevel 4
Hi Emflem,

Is there a way to flag this front and centre so people know without accidentally posting? I actually ended up posting this same question but deleted it when I saw this post. 
Workaround: Report your phone lost/stolen using Self-Serve. Click on Change Phone. It will say You need to reactivate your phone first. Click the link in that message. Choose "Activate with a New Phone" and enter your new SIM card's number. All of this takes less than 2 minutes.
Workaround: Report your phone lost/stolen using Self-Serve. Click on Change Phone. It will say Yo...does not work, just complicates life
Userlevel 7
Workaround: Report your phone lost/stolen using Self-Serve. Click on Change Phone. It will say Yo...TLS, it isn't one of the best options for people. The easiest option is to simply call in to customer support and they will be happy to assist with a SIM card transfer at no extra charge! 
I can confirm that phoning in took about five minutes, and the activation went perfectly, no trouble, no worries.