Koodo Community

Community

Question

Switching as soon as contract expires

I have a little over a month and a half left on my contract with [i]Sears Connect. How should I proceed to switch to [i]Koodo as soon as my contract expires and keep my old number? I assume I have to order my SIM card a few weeks before while my contract is still effective but I don’t see any self-serve option to specify the date to enable the [i]Koodo services. If I specify that I want to keep my old number do I have to call my old carrier to terminate my services or is it handled by [i]Koodo? Thanks.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can sign up with Koodo whenever you like. When you are ready to move, you can just port your number over in self serve by changing your number
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do not cancel you current service. You need active account to port/transfer your number.
Thanks,

So I guess I should proceed as follow :
  • Between now and about 2 weeks before the contract expires use the self-serve to order a SIM card associated with the [i]Kodoo plan I’m interested in without specifying that I want to keep my old number. Can I assume that I won’t be charged until I actually activate the SIM card?
  • At the given date use the self-serve to change my [i]Koodo number for my old one and then activate my [i]Koodo SIM. And doing so I'm not required to notify my old carrier?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Louis Dupont wrote:

Thanks,

[list]

• Between now and about 2 weeks before t...

• - That is likely true if you are using prepaid service. https://www.koodomobile.com/help/activating-your-prepaid-phone. You will be charged from the day you activated with Koodo.
    - After activation you will be given a different number. And from self-serve, you transfer your Sear connect number. There is no need to inform the previous carrier. Your contract with the previous is automatically canceled.

If you are looking for a postpaid service, you will have to personally visit a store offering Koodo postpaid plans (bestbuy, koodo kiosk, wowmobile...).
    Louis Dupont wrote:

Thanks,

[list]

• Between now and about 2 weeks before t...

• Good luck. Have you not read this forum?