Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switching a koodo phone to a bell phone.

my friend has a koodo phone and I am a bell client and she is going to give me her phone but I need to find out if it can be unblocked to use on my bell account. If so is there a charge?

20 replies

Userlevel 4
Koodo charges $50 to unlock on of their phones. The phone does need to be active on the account for 90 days and no past due balances on that account. If the account in question is cancelled already, another form of unlocking using 3rd party avenues would be required
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unless it's a Google Nexus phone. Those come carrier unlocked right out of the box
Userlevel 2
You may want try criagslist or kijiji to sell the phone and buy a compatible one from the same site.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Raza1 wrote:

You may want try criagslist or kijiji to sell the phone and buy a compatible one from the same site.

Why unlocking a phone is easy & beneficial as it will then be able to be used on any compatible carrier. No need to get a phone from that carrier if you can get one for free and pay $10-$30 from an online unlocking service like GSM LIBERTY or CELLUNLOCKER
Userlevel 6
Raza1 wrote:

^ Star!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Raza1 wrote:

If it is an iPhone, prepare to pay $72-$130 for an unlock via third party
Userlevel 6
Raza1 wrote:

Kid doesn't acknowledges iPhones exist Dennis 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Raza1 wrote:

With the S4 faltering and the Moto X disappointing I sense a new renaissance coming with the next iPhone
Userlevel 6
Raza1 wrote:

Hey! I like the MotoX! I don't like its locked bootloader (in the US at least) and lack of SD slot though 😞 I'd do without an SD slot if it came with 64GB, but I hear it's not happening 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Raza1 wrote:

I consider it an upgraded Nexus 4. Not a top tier phone based on the specs. But Apple may do something similar. Looks like I just talked myself into an S4 😛
Userlevel 6
Raza1 wrote:

The S4's a beast... But then I took an LG G2 spec sheet to the face..... 😕
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Raza1 wrote:

LMFAO @ TopperCNC I don't acknowledge that iPhones exist, I love it 🙂 I love what I've seen for the Moto X & can't wait to get the review device Motorola is sending me, I'm more excited about reviewing that then any phone I've got so far. Also what wrong with it being an upgraded Nexus 4, I have the Note 2, S3, S4, & even reviewed the HTC ONE & I've made my Nexus 4 my primary device. So if it's an upgraded Nexus 4 I'm excited about that. The only thing I really wish it had that would be high spec'd is the display, I'm loving 1080p displays on mobile devices. The Nexus 5 could have all the same specs but a larger battery and 1080p display and I'd get it for sure.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Raza1 wrote:

Looks like there will be an unlocked Google Play Store version. Not sure if it will have all the customizations tho. @Kid Android, Do you think that this is the end of the line for the Nexus phones?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Raza1 wrote:

Oh hell no, Nexus will exist as long as Android is around
Userlevel 6
Raza1 wrote:

All hail our Nexus overlord! Seriously though, we need a 64GB Nexus right about.....hmm.... now!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Raza1 wrote:

Or an SD card slot. This where the S4 Gets my vote
Userlevel 6
Raza1 wrote:

Yes, of course. I'm regularly using my N4 and S4 (I decide in the morning which one will come along, hehe) and as much as I love my N4, I just love having all my music along with the S4. The N4, with a couple of apps and an offline GPS app, has about 2GB free, so no music 😞 The S4 solves that nicely with a 64GB microSDXC! If I was to go along without an SD though, I'd want a 64GB phone model that is NOT an iPhone! (No, I won't get a One X+, hehe)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Raza1 wrote:

Hopefully we'll get to a point where all mobile devices come in a 32gb & 64gb variant, starting at a 32gb. I don't think we'll see a 8gb Nexus 5 since they ditched the 8gb models for the Nexus 7 this time around, which is great to see. We're headed in the right direction. @ TopperCNC holy crap how big the offline gps you use man? John Burke has like 200 apps on his Nexus 4, although only 2 games. If your like me & play alot of high end games 16gb's can be somewhat annoying though with games of 2-3gb's. I just delete the games after I beat them & it isn't that bad. If you listen to alot of music & play large games then ya it kinda sucks having 16gb's though I agree. My new way of handling storage is to just keep my games & video apps on my New Nexus 7 & everything else on my Nexus 4, should work out good.
Userlevel 6
Raza1 wrote:

Yeah, you nailed it. A couple fat games, apps, some pics and videos, offline GPS and it dries up quick. Before I got an S4 I kind of frankensteined something unusual though with the N4. I use custom ROMs on all my phones, so what I did was use the ziddey kernel on the N4, that allowed me to have unofficial OTG capabilities as long as the external drive was powered. That, along with the app FolderMount, allowed me to actually install apps and after they were done installing, move them to the external drive. I'd move all offline GPS, games, you-name-it space-hungry apps to the external USB flash. So when I was in the car, I could rig up my franken4 and have access to my stuff, including music. And when I was using the device only, I had access to the stuff I did not move to the external drive. It worked wonderfully, but it became long in the tooth after some time. Then I spotted a poor soul wanting to get out of a Fido S4 contract on kijiji. Guy had a $450 penalty to end up his contract, phone was a week old. Being the good guy that I am and wanting to help out, well...... what's a guy gonna do, eh! lol
Userlevel 6
Raza1 wrote:

Oh and speaking of that new N7.... how is it? Been wanting one, but with the fustercluck of JBQ leaving AOSP over Qualcomm's refusal to let Google publish factory images of the device over some GPU binaries, it kind of got me worried about future development. It's a shame too as it's currently Google's flagship, at least until the next Nexus (likely Moto-made according to rumors) comes along. So I'm holding on to my 1st gen 3G N7 for now.