Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switcheroo

Userlevel 1
To test a new phone, can I use a Koodo prepaid sim card from my old phone, and switch it to a potential new phone? Then, if all goes well, switch the sim card back into my old phone and purchase a new sim card and plan for the new phone?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, but only if the SIM card is still active, flyersfan. You can move it around all you want, no repercussions 🙂
Userlevel 1
Hi Sophia. Thanks for all of your help on this matter, so far. To move sim cards around, is there where I go to: https://activateprepaid.koodomobile.com
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
flyersfan wrote:

Hi Sophia. Thanks for all of your help on this matter, so far. To move sim cards around, is there...

Well if you just want to test if the new phone works with Koodo, there isn't even any need to go to that site. Basically just remove it from phone A, and insert it in phone B 🙂 But if I misunderstood your initial question, things might be a little more complicated....... for example you can only activate a SIM card (prepaid that is) once, and then once you replace that with another in self service, the old one will be useless forever. The link you just posted is only used to activate a new account... nothing else 🙂
Userlevel 1
flyersfan wrote:

Hi Sophia. Thanks for all of your help on this matter, so far. To move sim cards around, is there...

So an activated sim card can just be placed into another phone, and it should work. If all goes well?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
flyersfan wrote:

Yep! For sure, trust me as a Mobile Master on prepaid I do it ........... all the time 😛
Userlevel 1
flyersfan wrote:

You are AWESOME!! I missed these chats. How familiar are you with the Huawei Ascend P7? I need to check some settings to make sure it isn't set to 2G or GSM only.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
flyersfan wrote:

*grow* However, sadly I don't know Huawei as a brand at all......... but usually data settings on most cellphones can be found in the connection settings, try to locate Mobile Networks or something... then you should probably find Mobile Data / Roaming / Network Mode. It's the Network Mode you want. I have the S5 currently and it says "LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)" but it's different with various phones. But hopefully it's a nudge in the right direction 🙂
Userlevel 1
flyersfan wrote:

It's easy when you know how. Thank You. I put an active micro sim card into the boys phone. Tweaked a few settings, and it works like a dream. What todays youth couldn't solve in a week, dear old dad solved in under 30 minutes. LOL!!