Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switch a phone to a different account

I have two Koodo accounts, one with three phones, one with one. How do I switch one of the phones to the other account,so I have two on each account?

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Quick accounts link on your selfserve to manage your accounts, or if you want to move one of your numbers from one account to another account you have to call Koodo to let them move your numbers to different account.
the process is called Transfer of Ownership, this will permanently transfer the subscriber you want to move to the account with one line only. Be aware that this transfer has a $25 fee. as well, if you have a plan with a limited minutes, you get them prorated when doing this transfer because the system matches the line moved to the bill cycle from the account where you have only one line. Please if you have any further questions let me know.
Userlevel 1
e-wizard wrote:

the process is called Transfer of Ownership, this will permanently transfer the subscriber you wa...

If the accounts are in the same name it'll be called "Move", bu if not yes, it's called Transfer of ownership, beth did say "I have 2 accounts", I deducted that they're on her own name!
Userlevel 2
e-wizard wrote:

the process is called Transfer of Ownership, this will permanently transfer the subscriber you wa...

Hey E-Wizard, Matt is correct. Fun little fact, I did not even know about this, so you learn something new every day 🙂. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
e-wizard wrote:

I´d suggest a town because it transfer the line for good. What i've heard is that a move is done for billing purposes only. didn't know it was possible to get 2 accounts under your name. It's cool!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Remember if you have the lines/ plans under the same account you can enjoy unlimited Family calling between them. If you have good credit, you can have up to 3 lines first 3 months, and during those months in good standing you will be able to add 2 more lines.(up to 5 lines total) 😃