Koodo Community
Solved

suspicious text message from "koodo"

• 27 July 2020
  • 3 replies

I received this text message:

Koodo: Heads-up! We just received a request to cancel a subscriber from your account and transfer the mobile phone number to another carrier. If you didn't make this request, please call 1-844-232-7678 as soon as you can. If you requested the transfer, no action is needed. Free message from Koodo.

This came from a strange phone number with only 4 digits.

Should I call koodo? Not sure if this is a scam or legit.

icon

Best answer by Sophia 27 July 2020, 19:30

Yes, call Koodo immediately and have them block the attempt… you don’t want to lose your account and phone number! They can set up additional protection on your account as well. I would definitely not ignore this message.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It probably is legit. It’s the port protection. And 1-844-232-7678 is Koodo’s number. So I’d call if you didn't order a transfer of number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, call Koodo immediately and have them block the attempt… you don’t want to lose your account and phone number! They can set up additional protection on your account as well. I would definitely not ignore this message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes I can confirm this phone number is legit.

Please call Koodo right away as you dont want to have you number ported out as this will disconnect your line and cause more headaches/issues