Koodo Community
Solved

Stranded abroad and need to use my Koodo canadian number to receive text from PayPal or Banks

• 9 February 2021
  • 2 replies

When I left British Columbia for Asia Koodo representative told me I had no issues to receive text from abroad and they enabled free text for me. In reality I arrived in Thailand and text do not work the sim cannot be paired with any local phone service provider and I cannot receive the confirmation text from Paypal or Banks.

PLEASE HELP, Toll free number they do not answer in Canada, due to Covid, the digital help too, they say they call me back , but I cannot receive callback in Asia. So what do I do?

Thank youu for your help

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 9 February 2021, 10:35

When I left British Columbia for Asia Koodo representative told me I had no issues to receive text from abroad and they enabled free text for me. In reality I arrived in Thailand and text do not work the sim cannot be paired with any local phone service provider and I cannot receive the confirmation text from Paypal or Banks.

PLEASE HELP, Toll free number they do not answer in Canada, due to Covid, the digital help too, they say they call me back , but I cannot receive callback in Asia. So what do I do?

Thank youu for your help

Do you have the add-ons for International Data Roaming and International Voice Roaming set up on your Self Serve account? Did you turn off and turn back on your phone? What about your network settings? Did you set it to automatic?

If all of that doesn’t work, you should contact a Koodo rep. You can download an app that can make or receive calls, such as Fongo, and schedule a callback to that number. You can also contact a Koodo rep on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. 

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank youu for your help

Do you have the add-ons for International Data Roaming and International Voice Roaming set up on your Self Serve account? Did you turn off and turn back on your phone? What about your network settings? Did you set it to automatic?

If all of that doesn’t work, you should contact a Koodo rep. You can download an app that can make or receive calls, such as Fongo, and schedule a callback to that number. You can also contact a Koodo rep on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. 

good advice!

I will try all of the things you suggested!

Thanks a lot!