Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Stop service temporary but wanna keep the number

i will be out of country for 3 months, can i cancel the service for only three months? Because i dont want to pay the bill but i wanna keep the number. how can i do that? if i call customer service to do this, will they charge me service fee???

10 replies

Userlevel 7
The only option would be to put your account on seasonal hold. Instead of your regular rate plan, you pay a flat rate of $15/month and this makes sure your account/number stays active. When you come back though, you will have to choose a NEW plan that is offered at that time. You cannot keep your old plan. If you cancel your service, you will lose your number. There is no temporary cancellation.
Userlevel 4
This has been answered before, but as I can't find the link, here it is 🙂 Yes and no... You can log onto self serve and pay for a seasonal hold for $15 a month. Good for at most 6 months. Your trip is only 3 months so this will work. You have to pay this or you'll lose your number. Upon return you'll have to choose one of the current existing plans. If you call in, I believe they will charge you as you can do this via self serve. Hope this helps!! Ps.. Here's the Koodo FAQ on this: http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/billing-and-payment-options/i-am-leaving-the-country-for-a-few-months-can-i-still-keep-my-account-open
Userlevel 4
Darn. Beat me to the answer. Dislike typing on my phone 🙂
Userlevel 1
Or switch your number to a cheaper option and then switch back to Koodo upon your return. You won't be able to get your current plan back either way, you'll have to get an in-market plan, so no point paying for the seasonal hold when there are cheaper options out there.
Humberto Giambrone wrote:

Or switch your number to a cheaper option and then switch back to Koodo upon your return. You won...

i dont think koodo has any plan cheapper than $15.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Humberto Giambrone wrote:

Or switch your number to a cheaper option and then switch back to Koodo upon your return. You won...

Koodo doesn't, but others do, for example SpeakOut where you can park your number for $25 lasting a whole year 🙂
this is what i get from other member, is that true? "If you cancel your # you have 90 days to reactivate the line again. Otherwise the # will be lost and assigned to someone else."
Userlevel 4
peterq wrote:

this is what i get from other member, is that true? "If you cancel your # you have 90 days to...

That is true. That is why Season Hold is a decent option to avoid losign your number.
peterq wrote:

this is what i get from other member, is that true? "If you cancel your # you have 90 days to...

do i need to pay $15/per month if i decided reactivate my number in 3 month
Userlevel 3
peterq wrote:

Yes. Please ensure that the bill is payed in full and on time even though it's on seasonal hold.