Koodo Community

Community

Solved

STOLEN / LOST PHONE!

i have lost my phone the beginning of march & have been trying to find it i contacted someone in the avalon mall at the koodo booth all they told me was theres nothing they can do to cancel my phone i had to call 611 when i do they ask me for certain info but someone else has my phone out for me but they do not know what koodo is refering to either, i refuse to pay for a phone i haven't beenable to use the past 2 weeks !, but noone seems to be helping me cancel it !!!!!!!!, i am not very happy about this at all it is all a bunch of crap, why is it you can hook a phone up at the koodo booth but when it becomes stolen or lost they will not disconnect it !, RIDICULOUS!!!

5 replies

Cancelation of a phone requires the account owner. If you aren't the account owner then the account cannot be canceled. If you know the self serve account login info you can log in and report the phone as lost/stolen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you at least go on your self serve and suspend the phone so if someone has it they can't run up your bill? You shouldn't need the phone to cancel your account. Of course they can't do anything to find it but they should be able to close your account for you. What info on the phone do you need to close your account?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Which is really easy to do by clicking here : "Suspend Service"

Userlevel 1
Kood stores do not cancel accounts, you should call 1-866-995-6636 and ask to be escalated to Retention, no one can cancel you account if you do not provide pin or answer their 3 security questions to prevent fraud situations.
MatB wrote:

Kood stores do not cancel accounts, you should call 1-866-995-6636 and ask to be escalated to Ret...

It won't help if she's not the account owner.