Koodo Community

Community

Solved

stagefright or something else

Got the LG G3 the summer, worked fine for about a month and than 6-7 weeks ago it would just stop sending and receiving message, went to the store and they said just restart or power down and take out sim and put it back it. I have bin doing that since than and it keeps increasing in amount of times I have to do it now. Also since than I've had texts go missing and people say I didn't reply back when I have a message on my phone showing I have. basically just wondering if this could be cause of the stagefright thing or if my phone might be defective. Any help would be great.  

8 replies

Userlevel 5
I don't believe that's stagefright.

You would be best to make sure your phone is backed up and do a factory reset and restore.

Userlevel 2
Hi, Jesse! What application do you use for messaging?
whatever the default is for texting, I don't use any apps really

Userlevel 2
Is it all the users or specific users that do not receive your messages? 

Also, have you tried using the SIM card on another phone and sending a message from there? This should let you know if either the SIM card is faulty or the phone itself is having issues with the network.

Finally, do you send short or long messages (+140 characters)? It was probably sent as MMS and certain users won't be able to see them unless mobile data is turned on. 

It must be frustrating that text messaging is not working.
Vanessa wrote:

Also, have you tr...

So here's what I've done/figured out. I believe its only for new/non frequent users that its not working for, they don't get my texts and I don't get theirs, but both phones show or one of us will get one but they wont get the reply. So I did what the first person said and I backed up my phone on my SD and did the factory reset of my phone, didn't change or solve the issue, and now my phone wont sync with my fb or email contacts. I cant check if its the SIM card but I feel like it must be the phone cause all of this cant be just from a bad sim card can it? also I did send long and short texts and I had the mms turned off so I couldn't send them.
Userlevel 2
Vanessa wrote:

Also, have you tr...

It could be an issue with the software update. 😕 Are the other functions working (calls, internet, etc) and what is the signal on your phone usually?

By the way, why not call LG Support [b]1 (888) 542-2623 as they have more knowledge on the device? Hope they can help you and fix this issue Jesse 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vanessa wrote:

Also, have you tr...

Have you checked to see if an update is available for your device? If not go to settings - about device - software update - check for update.
Vanessa wrote:

Also, have you tr...

I have and it says I have everything updated including my ios, but I havnt had any other issues with anything besides texting, I think if it doesn't change throughout today ill have to bring it to the store or something.