Koodo Community
Solved

Someone Just stole my phone number

• 19 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I dont know what just happened i got a message i was getting my phone number moved to a new carrier and then suddenly, my phones sim said it had no voice. I keep getting notifications that someone was trying to access my paypal shortly before.

icon

Best answer by Allan M 19 October 2020, 10:50

As quickly as you go change all of your passwords and remove two factor authentication on any account you can or go set something else up on those accounts.

Once the department is open, call the number in the text you received. Id also look into adding port protection onto your koodo account once you have everything else sorted out to prevent this from happening in the future.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As quickly as you go change all of your passwords and remove two factor authentication on any account you can or go set something else up on those accounts.

Once the department is open, call the number in the text you received. Id also look into adding port protection onto your koodo account once you have everything else sorted out to prevent this from happening in the future.

Userlevel 7

Call Koodo porting center                     1-844-232-7678 [9am start time]

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just so you know what happened : someone decided to port your number on your behalf 

Userlevel 7

Hi @Jordan H  Hopefully you are getting help from koodo and PayPal to address the account breaches and the possible illegal number porting. Once these issues are resolved, at a time convenient to you, please share the information with the koodo community, especially lessons that you learned to better protect yourself from future attacks. Thank you in advance.