Koodo Community

Community

Solved

SMS to Austria broken

Userlevel 4
Sending text messages from Canada to Austria has stopped working several days ago. Is that a known issue?

11 replies

Userlevel 6
What do you mean it broke? Are you sure it's not on the receiving end that things broke? What cell phone company your friend or family is with in Austria? We've seen it here before that certain countries with certain phone companies don't work because of no agreements between koodo and them.
Userlevel 4
It used to work well, but now the messages simply do not arrive there. I've texted several people who are with several providers, but my messages end up in nirvana. I've been texting the same people before, successfully, for years. So unless an agreement was cancelled, it must be some technical issue. I would like to know if it is a known issue or if I should contact Koodo support.
Userlevel 6
Daniel AJ wrote:

It used to work well, but now the messages simply do not arrive there. I've texted several peo...

Can they text you?
Userlevel 4
Daniel AJ wrote:

It used to work well, but now the messages simply do not arrive there. I've texted several peo...

I don't know.
Userlevel 6
Daniel AJ wrote:

Ask them. Send an email. That way you know better if it's a koodo issue or it's on the Austrian end.
Userlevel 4
Daniel AJ wrote:

How so?
Userlevel 4
Daniel AJ wrote:

Thanks for your answers! Is this an isolated issue? Are you experiencing this with other numbers? Also, I would recommend that you send a text to your own number to make sure you can send and receives messages.

You can also follow Rudy’s recommendation and ask your friends if they can text you and if they are having issues receiving texts from others. If the issue persists, you can give us a call for assistance at 1-866-995-6636 (option 6).

Hope that helps.
Userlevel 4
Daniel AJ wrote:

I am experiencing this with several Austrian numbers. At the same time, I can send and receive text messages to/from Canadian and US numbers without any issues. I can not call you for I currently don't have a voice. Hence my reliance on SMS.
Userlevel 4
Daniel AJ wrote:

I've tried sending a message through the "E-Mail us" on the Koodo website, but that system is out of order again.
Userlevel 4
I think I have narrowed the problem down to this: When I send a text messages to Austria, it vanishes in the Nirvana - unless the recipient has sent a message to me before. I suspect that this is an effect of some spam-filter/greylisting tool. Who can get that fixed? TNX
Userlevel 4
The problem persists. The "white listing" that occurs when an Austrian user sends a text message to my Koodo number enables me to reply - but that effect is short lived. A few days later my messages are not delivered again. In the meanwhile, I have determined that I can send text messages from Koodo to Germany. That works fine.