Koodo Community

Community

Solved

SMS "Koodo: We do not support the service you are trying to text."

SMS "Koodo: We do not support the service you are trying to text." We got the msg sent from "611 - Service" very often. We can't send or receive text messages. Sometime it works but most not. What can we do? Location Vancouver, phones: Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9110) and iPhone4s w/ koodo prepaid plan.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sounds like you are trying to send a text to a short code. This is not supported on Prepaid service.
No, we send normal SMS (text messages) from one Koodo number to an other Koodo. Sometimes it works fine but most of the Time not.
Userlevel 6
Something doesn't add up. There are tons of people here who do the same as you without any problems. This must be unique to you for some reason. That error message does sound like something for a short code.
And again, i'm really sure that i doesn't use short code! it's simply an SMS! And i don't no why, but my friend has the same issue. We purchased the prepaid cards in a Koodo store on 14. April, since that we have the weird problem, sometimes it works and sometimes not but unfortunatly more not 😞 . We just sent text to each other. Maybe we have wrong settings in our phones? Mine is an android (4.1.2) device and he has iOS7. Thats the reason why i started this thread, maybe there's really a wrong setup in our devices. odd that it's sometimes works fine. we tried with WiFi, without WiFi, with Mobile data and without... but no theres no workaround thats works for us... may we let check our accounts in koodo store.... *hmmmpf*
Armin Osäure wrote:

And again, i'm really sure that i doesn't use short code! it's simply an SMS! And i don't no why,...

I have the same problem sending messages from my iPhone. I got my prepaid plan 1 month ago and rarely works
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you using the 7 or the 10-digit number?
We use a 10-digit number. We doesn't know, that there is a 2nd 7-digit number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Armin Osäure wrote:

There isn't. The 7 digit number is the 10 digit number without the area code. Koodo requires the 10 digit number in any case.
Armin Osäure wrote:

OK, than this couldn't be the problem, we use the 10-digit once at all the time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I would recommend you contact technical support. This problem requires visibility into the network systems that we do not have.
Alright, i will do that, thanks all for your help, and sorry for my bad english. 🙂 Hope that we could fix that with technical support. If anyone has another idea what i can try feel free to reply on this thread. Thx
For your information: The described issue, was caused by the new area code "236" (in our case). Now we got new Numbers and it works without any problems untill yet! BTW: short code also works with prepaid plan! 😉 (tested today)
2 months later, still no problem, changing area code helps!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Armin Osäure wrote:

2 months later, still no problem, changing area code helps!

Nice! Thank you for the update 🙂