Koodo Community

Community

Solved

SMS gateway

Hey, is there anyway i can get smsgateway to send txts to my phone? Is there anything blocking them? I know there may be flood and bulk advertising, but i want to use a free gateway to get alerts from my network. The one I am using is freesmsgateway..

8 replies

Userlevel 6
I don't think Koodo supports this.
Well, my question is more about blocked smsgateways than the doing itself... So technically, I am not receiving a text message I should be receiving...
Userlevel 2
Hey Felix, I recommend you give our Technically Support a call for any issues with your sms service. *611 option 6. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MykeC wrote:

Hey Felix, I recommend you give our Technically Support a call for any issues with your sms servi...

Does that mean we're only 'technically' support? 😉
Userlevel 2
MykeC wrote:

Hey Felix, I recommend you give our Technically Support a call for any issues with your sms servi...

Oh my hands fail me today. Nice catch Timo 😉. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MykeC wrote:

Couldn't resist.^_^
MykeC wrote:

thanks, is there anyone i can contact by email? I would prefer not wasting my time explaining what is my a problem on the telephone...
You can receive email messages sent to your phone using Koodo's own email to SMS gateway.

Eg. Send your email alert to your own phone # in the email address format:
  5554441234@msg.koodomobile.com

If your volume of notifications are low, then you should be fine.

There is a limit on the number of messages from the same sender account. I'm not sure what the exact limits are, but ran into them sending warning messages.

When that happens, your email mailserver will likely notify your sending account with a warning email:
... while talking to msg.koodomobile.com.:

RCPT To:<5554441234@msg.koodomobile.com>

<<< 452 Too many recipients received from the sender<5554441234@msg.koodomobile.com>... Deferred: 452 Too many recipients received from the sender