Koodo Community

Community

Question

Simply cannot change billing address. Invalid Address.

I understand there are newish address standards. I have read Canada Post, everything is typed and retyped correctly. https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=addressing_mail_accu&cattype=kb&cat...

Furthermore I use the address look-up which is automatic [and easy] and it looks correct.

Self serve says :

Oops! This is an invalid address. Please try again.

I am far from the only customer with this Self Serve problem. Searching for solutions shows this goes back many months. Please advise.

7 replies

Same problem, my address comes up when I use the lookup, but the validation fails.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is the address you guys are trying the same address that is linked with your credit card?
Allan wrote:

Is the address you guys are trying the same address that is linked with your credit card?

Yes, however the format is slightly different. The bank's form forces [Street Number] [Street name] Unit [Unit Number] format, but the Canada Post likes [Unit Number]-[Street Number] [Street Name] format... Not sure if that makes a difference?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Michael.

Address change started failing recently, so Koodo is looking for the problem. Contacting Koodo to make the change will be free until the problem is solved.
Doesn't look like this has been fixed yet?  But this post is a year old.  I cannot change my mailing address correctly and trying to purchase a phone online.  Help please.

Leigh Henderson wrote:

Doesn't look like this has been fixed yet?  But this post is a year old.  I cannot chan...

What problems are you having when trying to change your address? Just remember that billing and mailing address have to match when ordering.
Leigh Henderson wrote:

Doesn't look like this has been fixed yet?  But this post is a year old.  I cannot chan...

Never mind - we are just going to purchase in store. But for the record, we have a Rural Route address for Canada Post which is not the same as our street address. Canada Post will not deliver to our home address where as UPS or any courier will only deliver to our home address. It’s super annoying!