Koodo Community

Community

Solved

SIM & IMEI activation problem.

I think I may have entered the wrong IMEI number with SIM card # when activating online. My phone will connect to the network but says it is active in my Koodo selfserve profile. Does this mean I have to buy a brand new SIM card?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It can take a little time for your device to become active. If your device has a removable battery then try doing a battery and SIM Pull, while the device is on take out the battery and SIM Card for a minute or so then replace them and try it again. This can sometimes jump-start your network connection. If your device isn't active within an hour or so then try logging into your self serve and try inputting your SIM card # again.
Thanks for the speedy reply. I tried the pull method and it didn't work. I believe that I entered the wrong IMEI # when activating the SIM card. Would Kodoo be able to fix this problem internally or would I have to buy a 2nd new SIM card in as many days? I'm going to be unhappy if I have to buy another $20 SIM card before I even placed a phone call on Kodoo's network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jay wrote:

Thanks for the speedy reply. I tried the pull method and it didn't work. I believe that I ent...

No your fine just call Koodo later today when customer service is open and they'll be able to help you out with activating the SIM Card you already have.
Jay wrote:

Thanks for the speedy reply. I tried the pull method and it didn't work. I believe that I ent...

Thats great to hear. Thanks for your reply again. You just saved me from being stressed out over this all night. You're awesome!