Koodo Community

SIM cards never showed up in mail, now I'm getting billed!

• 10 September 2020
  • 13 replies

I got signed up over the phone three weeks ago, the rep promised to send SIM cards for my wife and I. Now I’m getting emails that I’m being billed for the service and my SIM cards never showed up. Went to the Telus store to get SIMs and they told me that I had to go online to use the service robot which, let me tell you, is useless.

Solid experience so far, thanks Koodo!

How do i get ahold of a human to get my SIM cards and resolve the fact that I’m being charged for a service i cannot activate?

Also this site doesn’t work on Chrome on a Mac. CHROME FFS! You can’t check the box for “what type of post fo you want to make”. It just doesn’t register. 

thanks!

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What is your order number?

Order number: ***
Order number: ***

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have flagged a rep to look into your order :)

Thank you Sophia!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello @kgamble! I was able to check on the situation and I’ll have to invite you to contact us on Facebook (m.me/koodo) or on Twitter (@koodo) in order to authenticate your account and find the best solution.

I have the same issue! please help!  Haven’t received my SIM cards yet and have been charged for a service I haven't even activated! 

I have been trying to get in touch with a “human” assistant from koodo for two weeks now:(

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have the same issue! please help!  Haven’t received my SIM cards yet and have been charged for a service I haven't even activated! 

I have been trying to get in touch with a “human” assistant from koodo for two weeks now:(

Whats your order number?

Did you receive an email that it has been shipped?  When did you out in your order?

Have you tracked your order here?

https://shop.koodomobile.com/checkout/order/orderSearch.jsp

I have the same exact issue,  How is Koodo charging me for something I don't have or use?

I don't use twitter and am not on Fakebook and your stupid bot telling me that I have to wait 3 days for a call back is not acceptable 

Who do I call? - I want to cancel my account.

Very dishonest company,

-G

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have the same exact issue,  How is Koodo charging me for something I don't have or use?

I don't use twitter and am not of Fakebook and your stupid bot telling me that I have to wait 3 days for a call back is not acceptable 

Who do I call? - I want to cancel my account.

Very dishonest company,

-G

Koodo pre-activates your sim based on the expected delivery date so you can hit the ground running.  Sometimes the delivery may be delayed due to Canada Post, Ups, Fedex (beyond Koodo’s control).

In these cases, wait until you get your sim, then contact koodo to and they can credit you the differenece between when you got your sims and when they activated your sims

Let’s see Koodo can’t tell or wait until I activate the sim before charging the customer? Is this also beyond Koodo’s control.

So what happens if I never receive the SIM then what?

Credit my account? - Being that its so easy to contact Koodo, what a joke.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let’s see Koodo can’t tell or wait until I activate the sim before charging the customer? Is this also beyond Koodo’s control.

So what happens if I never receive the SIM then what?

Credit my account? - Being that its so easy to contact Koodo, what a joke.

Koodo does not have a system for the customer to activate the sim.  This is why Koodo pre-activates for the customer.

If you never receive your sim you contact Koodo to tell them you didnt not receive your sim and they will resend.

Its not that hard to contact Koodo.  You can request a callback via koodo assist.  If that doesnt work you can send them a private message via Facebook or twitter,  I have tested both methods in the past without issue

Dennis respectfully, I don't have or use Fakebook \ twitter and I don’t believe I have to register on facebook in order to contact my cell phone provider? - Was this in my terms of service.

As in my previous message I asked for a call back and it gave me 6:30pm 2 days from now (I am at work) Wed.

going to schedule my call back to cancel my service thanks for trying … done with this bait and switch,

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Dennis respectfully, I don't have or use Fakebook \ twitter and I don’t believe I have to register on facebook in order to contact my cell phone provider? - Was this in my terms of service.

As in my previous message I asked for a call back and it gave me 6:30pm 2 days from now (I am at work) Wed.

going to schedule my call back to cancel my service thanks for trying … done with this bait and switch,

Look closely, your terms of service also doesnt require an optimal call center.

Think of it this way.  In the past, you would have been on hold for hours and not get through by the time they closed.  At least now you know the call back time and can schedule around that time or another time.