Koodo Community
Solved

SIM Card Question

I have a blackberry with a SIM card that has a blackberry plan. My question is, if I get an unlocked android or iphone 3GS would i be able to switch my SIM card into the new phone and still be able to use texting, calling, and social applications like facebook and twitter ?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You'd be able to change your SIM Card to those phones if it fits but the newer iPhones you'd need a new SIM Card because the iPhone 4 uses a Micro SIM and the iPhone 5 uses a Nano SIM. Some Android phones use Micro SIM also. You would also have to get the Non BlackBerry version of a plan. - KID ANDROID, ( Team.Android.Canada)
You'd be able to change your SIM Card to those phones if it fits but the newer iPhones you'd need...A rep told me i would still be able to use texting and calling.
Userlevel 7
You'd be able to change your SIM Card to those phones if it fits but the newer iPhones you'd need...Yes, those will still work. However, if you have a BB-specific add-on like BB Social, for example, it won't be compatible with a non Blackberry device. If you wanted data on a non Blackberry device that you are switching to, you would have to either... 1. Use the pay-per-use data saver automatically included in Koodo's new rate plans. 2. Add either data light or heavy to a grandfathered plan. 3. Switch to one of the double talk and data promos (my personal recommendation).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You'd be able to change your SIM Card to those phones if it fits but the newer iPhones you'd need...Yes you would as long as your SIM Card fits you can call and text. Just if you have a BB specific add on you would need to change that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You'd be able to change your SIM Card to those phones if it fits but the newer iPhones you'd need...Virtual star for Jonathan since I can't put an actual star on a comment. Sorry, Kid, looks like you missed the star by a few seconds.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You'd be able to change your SIM Card to those phones if it fits but the newer iPhones you'd need...I answered it in the very first comment though. I said you need a non blackberry version of a plan, was I not right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You'd be able to change your SIM Card to those phones if it fits but the newer iPhones you'd need...The bb promo plans will work fine with an android phone. only bb specific features like bb social or unlimited bbm will cause problems . between your first two posts you got everything, but Jonathan got it in one this time. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You'd be able to change your SIM Card to those phones if it fits but the newer iPhones you'd need...Ya ya I knew what I meant lol