Koodo Community
Question

Sim card not working, want to cancel

• 4 September 2022
  • 13 replies

Hey, I just recently moved from the UAE to Canada and got a new sim card. When the lady at the store tried installing it, she couldn't get it to work. She said I could take the card and try myself. I've tried everything and even factory reset my phone. But no luck. My phone recognises that the sim is in, but doesn't pick up any network and I can't use data or make calls. I'd like to cancel my sim as it just doesn't work and I don't want to pay for a month of data. But I can't seem to get in contact with support. I still have my UAE phone number so I can't schedule a call back. I've messaged on Facebook but haven't gotten a reply yet. And I live in sackville with no way to get to a physical store. How can I contact support to cancel my sim card.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@GeoffRoos Can you pls one last thing? If you could enter your IMEI for your phone’s compatibility we could confirm what the issue is. It doesn’t just check for Volte so it’s a good tool. And of course if thst shows it won’t work we will help closing the account.

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/how-to-use-volte

I have just checked and it says my phone is not compatible. If my phone doesn't work on this does it mean I can't get a sim card in camada for this phone? Will I need a new phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@GeoffRoos It’s not that often at all that we come across a device that’s not supported by us.  Curious to hear what phone it is. Would you share?  And as far as others in Canada, I can’t say for sure, but would be pretty easy to check.

Sure, I have a Samsung note 20 Ultra 5G duel sim. A relatively new phone. So I'm not sure why it won't work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@GeoffRoos Yeah, we sold a lot of those phones in Canada to. The version you have (made for other places) doesn’t work here unfortunately. :-( 

So there's no sim card I can get in Canada? No network provider? I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @GeoffRoos! We’re sorry to hear about this situation.

As an exception, we cancelled the account effective immediately and, since there’s no usage during this billing cycle, you will not be billed for this month.

Hello @GeoffRoos! We’re sorry to hear about this situation.

As an exception, we cancelled the account effective immediately and, since there’s no usage during this billing cycle, you will not be billed for this month.

Hello, so I cancelled my sim card and you said because I didn't use the sim card at all I wouldn't be billed. But I just got an email that my E-Bill is $8. I didn't even use the sim card. I was told I could cancel withing 14 days and not be charged anything. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @GeoffRoos! We’ve adjusted the final Koodo bill and the balance is now $0.

We’re sorry that your device could not be used on our network. If this issue persists with other Canadian providers, feel free to check out our current phone offers on koodo.com/phones and reach out to us if you ever have any questions. 

Hi @GeoffRoos! We’ve adjusted the final Koodo bill and the balance is now $0.

We’re sorry that your device could not be used on our network. If this issue persists with other Canadian providers, feel free to check out our current phone offers on koodo.com/phones and reach out to us if you ever have any questions. 

Hey, thanks so much for the help. It seems my phone just won't work at all here in canada, so I've got a new android phone to use while I'm here. I'm wondering now. Would it be possible to just re-activate my sim card that I cancelled? As I haven't thrown it away and still have it. This would be easier than me trying to get to a koodo store or waiting for a new one to be delivered.

Thanks so much

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sure thing @GeoffRoos! Your account has been reactivated as of today, with the same plan and phone number as before. You can just insert your Koodo SIM card in your new phone and you’ll be good to go. 

Sure thing @GeoffRoos! Your account has been reactivated as of today, with the same plan and phone number as before. You can just insert your Koodo SIM card in your new phone and you’ll be good to go. 

Hello, so I've just inserted the sim card and it isn't working either. I went to the website suggested earlier to see if its compatible and I inserted my IMEI number and it says it isn't compatible. How is that possible? I got the Samsung A32, this is a new phone that I bought here in canada. How can it not be compatible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@GeoffRoos I’ve left a reply to your private message on Facebook, let’s continue the conversation there. Thanks!