Koodo Community
Solved

Sim card is not recognized when out of country

• 14 September 2020
  • 6 replies

I have a roam from home package. But my phone simply dons not recognize any network outside the country in Europe. 

I have removed sim card and restarded my phone, even installed in other phones. There is no network recognized with the phone. 

I can not even call you or have a call back since you only allow domestic calls. 

icon

Best answer by Goran 14 September 2020, 15:58

You may also consider going into manual network selection mode to see if any networks populate. This list can take a minute aat he phone searches all compatible networks to connect to. Does it work?

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

If you have an android phone, go to Settings, Mobile Network and make sure that Roaming is enabled. Then go to Advanced and make sure that ‘Automatically select network’ is enabled.  BTW phones are compatible with a specific set of frequency. Your phone may therefor limit connection with some of the carriers that use frequencies outside its set of frequencies. Hope that this will help you. 

I have a pixel 4 and I have checked the ‘Automatically select Network is enabled.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Is your Roaming enabled?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Regarding compatibility of Pixel 4 with European mobile providers, check at https://willmyphonework.net/

Please advise if your issue has been resolved and how.  tnx

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You may also consider going into manual network selection mode to see if any networks populate. This list can take a minute aat he phone searches all compatible networks to connect to. Does it work?

Yes. It worked. Thank you.