Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Sim card error

My phone says it doesn't have a sim card in it when it does, I have restarted, taken the sim card in and out, charged it and plugged into my computer and nothing has worked, help please!

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Make sure you're putting the sim card in correctly. If it's still not reading it, then it's an issue with the phone. If it's under warranty, send it in for repair.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

Make sure you're putting the sim card in correctly. If it's still not reading it, then it's an is...

I put my sim card in backwards one time. Took me forever to find out that was the problem lol
Myke wrote:

Make sure you're putting the sim card in correctly. If it's still not reading it, then it's an is...

SIM card problem.It was the first time i put one in,so i pop it outta the to make it smaller when i shouldnt have,Then i tried putting it back together which was hard to do but i finally did it,but the card must be in wrong.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

Firstly I would suggest making a new thread instead of reviving old ones. Secondly, if the sim card isn't working after you put it back together you may have to get another one. The Koodo store may give you one for free if you explain the situation. As well ask them to pop it out for you so you don't accidentally make the same mistake.
Userlevel 4
If possible, try to put the SIM card in another phone. If you get the same result, the SIM card is fried.
Userlevel 5
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

If possible, try to put the SIM card in another phone. If you get the same result, the SIM card i...

If the SIM card is faulty, you can go pick up a new one at Koodo. They are $10.
Userlevel 7
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

If possible, try to put the SIM card in another phone. If you get the same result, the SIM card i...

prepaid sims are $20 btw and postpaid like john said is 10
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Im having the same issue, new sim card, worked for a couple hours, now saying no sim card, have also tried removing and replacing, shutting down and back on. Nothing 😞