Koodo Community

Community

Solved

SIM card change

I am travelling across Europe this summer and I would like to use my phone but with an International European SIM card because I think that would be cheaper than paying the roaming fees to Koodo with my current SIM card. So should I just go to a Koodo store and ask them to unlock it for me so that I can put in a new SIM card? Thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Yes, they should be able to unlock it in-store or you could get it unlocked over the phone 1-866-995-6636 or via self serve The unlock fee is $35. If you have an iphone, you'll have to get it unlocked over the phone or in-store I believe. Depending on your phone model, you could also check cellunlocker.net or gsmliberty just in case it's cheaper to get it unlocked from either of these companies.
Thanks so much! I suppose there's no way to do it for free, eh?
Userlevel 7
Nina Scheer wrote:

Thanks so much! I suppose there's no way to do it for free, eh?

you're welcome Nina! Unfortunately, not free. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to meet the requirements here to unlock your phone. http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/how-do-i-know-if-i-am-eligible-to-get-my-phone-unlocked Plus you have to call in to unlock 1-866-995-6636 or *611 on your koodo cell. For an iphone you have to update via itunes to complete the unlock. For others you have to insert a different carrier sim to be prompted for the unlock code
Hi what is your mobile brand name&model? You can easily unlock your phone by using unlock code. If you need unlock code you can visit this site http://www.mobile-unlocker.com/supported-phones/rs2wp7/ here you can get the unlock code and unlock your mobile easily.
Hello,

I know this post is stale but I want to understand about international roaming. If I unlock my phone and get a sim card for local pay-as-you-go, does this mean Koodo will make no additional charges? As in, I'll be off the Koodo grid entirely? Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Lorraine O'Donnell wrote:

Hello,

I know this post is stale but I want to understand about international roaming. If I unlo...

Hi Lorraine, that's correct 🙂 Enjoy your trip!