Koodo Community
Question

sim card activate

• 17 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I was out of Canada for 10 months and i lost my sim card.  I am paying my monthly bill every month. Now i am back in Canada and staying in hotel quarantine. My friend helped me to bring  new koodo sim to activate. But when i tried to activate it asked me to use code  send on my phone or another line on my account, which I don’t have. I tired to call koodo rep from my hotel landline but was unable to connect, and they don’t call back to hotel number with extension. Please help me to activate my new sin card in this situation.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The SIM that your friend gave you may be a Prepaid SIM. You should try and send koodo a private message via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Koodo describe your situation and limitations/constraints, and ask for their support. If you do have a Prepaid SIM, they may advise you to open a Prepaid account to be able to activate your SIM.  Good luck!

No it is not prepaid sim card. Its new sim card which needs to activate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If your friend got it in a store, it is probably a Prepaid SIM. If he got it by ordering from koodo, it may be a Postpaid SIM.  Regardless, please follow the private FB message  route and workout a solution with the koodo support rep.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately, in order to receive this SMS code you need a working phone. Like Him suggested, your best bet is to contact them via FB so they can fix it.