Koodo Community
Solved

sim card

I gave my old phone to a friend. I didn’t unlock it. They just put their SIM card in and started using the phone. 

is it still attached to my account? 

thx 

dawn

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 3 June 2021, 20:59

I gave my old phone to a friend. I didn’t unlock it. They just put their SIM card in and started using the phone. 

thx 

dawn

If they put in their own SIM card and they do not have a line on your account, it will not be linked to your account. 

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

thx 

dawn

If they put in their own SIM card and they do not have a line on your account, it will not be linked to your account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was the phone factory reset? 

It shouldn't be using your koodo line if they don't have your koodo sim. But there could be apps if you didn't log out of them that they may have access to.

Userlevel 2

Hey there! 

As @MilkyWay and @Dennis mentioned, if the person uses a different SIM card, the phone will not be attached to your account any longer and the best would be to do a factory reset in order to erase all your data, apps and everything. After that, you can gift the phone with no worries. :)