Koodo Community
Solved

Should the $100 bonus gift be in the box with the phone?

Upgraded a phone (A20) last week that had a $100 bonus gift indicated but the phone arrived with nothing else in the box. Should it be coming separately?
icon

Best answer by Mayumi 27 June 2019, 19:12

Bonus gift is usually only for new activations.
If it was upgrade, then you won’t get a bonus gift card unless if it’s mentioned included upgrade...
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi
Do you have a screenshot of the offer? $100 bonus gift card could be a giftcard (prepaid VISA/Master card). If they were offered, they should have arrived with the phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bonus gift is usually only for new activations.
If it was upgrade, then you won’t get a bonus gift card unless if it’s mentioned included upgrade...
Didn't see any additional details when I selected the phone as to what the gift was or conditions.

And it was mentioned after I had signed in and selected to upgrade an existing line.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In your screenshot above, the offer was for new customer (it was showed as if you weren't logged in.

Anyway, if you believed you were eligible, I would suggest you contact Koodo webstore directly and ask someone to look into it for you. You could setup a call back from them through their digital assistant www.koodo.com/chat . Ask to contact with the webstore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It will show there but it is only good for new activations if you look at the fine print.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You do have 15 days to return the phone as long as it is not damaged and you have all the packaging and all
Userlevel 3
Hi GaryV, I think your 100$ bonus might be applied you your account ten dollars a month for ten months.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi GaryV, I think your 100$ bonus might be applied you your account ten dollars a month for ten months.
You're thinking of the $10 off for 12 months promo. This is a bonus gift for new activations only.
It will show there but it is only good for new activations if you look at the fine print.

The nitty gritty section on the page had a 1. beside it indicating it applied to the $10 for 12 months promo. When you clicked through to the phone, there was no indication at all.

And of course, it is gone now, so I can't verify but I tried to find the details or the catch ahead of time and came up empty.
Userlevel 3
Are you logged into your account? When I am logged in I have the same offer, $120 bonus, on several of Koodo's phones. I've been with Koodo many years so it's not new activations only. Not everyone gets the same deals offered at the same time but I am seeing that deal for me when I'm logged in.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you logged into your account? When I am logged in I have the same offer, $120 bonus, on several of Koodo's phones. I've been with Koodo many years so it's not new activations only. Not everyone gets the same deals offered at the same time but I am seeing that deal for me when I'm logged in.

I believe there were 2 different offers. One is with the $100 bonus gift (which give customers $100 at the time of the purchase). Another is the $120 that spread over 12 months ($10/months)