Koodo Community

Service cancelled?

• 21 October 2020
  • 15 replies

When I was asleep I received a notification that my account was being transferred to another carrier. It asked me to call a number if I did not make the request, but by the time I woke up I couldn’t make any calls. I can’t access my self-serve details. I’m stuck please help!

Thanks for your time! 

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Get any other phone to make that call. If you have to, use skype or Fongo or any VoIP app to make that call to stop and reverse the port.

Userlevel 7

This sounds like an illegal porting attempt. Call ASAP Koodo porting center   1-844-232-7678 [9am start time] to reverse the porting. Also monitor your self serve account and all your other accounts which use your phone number as User ID (bank, PayPal, etc.)

Userlevel 7

If you do not have access to a phone (ANY phone) now, uUse Koodo Chat Koodo.com/chat. Tell them that you got the porting message and that you DID NOT authorize the number porting. Make an effort to gain access to another phone and contact the porting dept directly to make sure that they stop the illegal porting.

You guys were absolutely right!

I called on Skype and they fixed it. Thank you all SO MUCH for your help!

This community is fantastic :)

Userlevel 7

@Kat Wing I need you to return a favor.  Can you let me (and the community)  know what is the  Skype ID you used to contact Koodo? Thank you! 

Sorry for asking, but why would you like to know?

Userlevel 7

We are all looking for alternate ways of contacting koodo to close the gap due to lack of email and direct phone contact. I have always succeeded using a call back but some customers who are OUTSIDE CANADA are not able to receive a callback (koodo does not call international numbers). Having a Skype route will allow community members to contact koodo while abroad.  I do not expect (and do not want to receive) any personal information to be part of your answer my question. Thank you.

Userlevel 7

Just to clarify. I am looking for the ‘koodo Skype  ID’, not your personal Skype ID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Kat Wing I need you to return a favor.  Can you let me (and the community)  know what is the  Skype ID you used to contact Koodo? Thank you! 

You can dial toll-free number with Skype without paying @nim4165 

Userlevel 7

I was asking her for the koodo Skype  ID that she used to contact koodo. Do you know it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I was asking her for the koodo Skype  ID that she used to contact koodo. Do you know it?

You can use Skype to call the 1-844-232-7678 for free. I guess the OP did it and he got the problem resolved.

Koodo doesn’t have a specific “skype id”.

Userlevel 7

Can customers call this number to contact koodo when they call from a location outside Canada (China, Japan, Europe)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can customers call this number to contact koodo when they call from a location outside Canada (China, Japan, Europe)?

you meant the porting center number? They could call, but that number deals with porting only.

Userlevel 7

Last question: Can the porting center route the skype call to other koodo departments in urgent cases?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Last question: Can the porting center route the skype call to other koodo departments in urgent cases?

I thought I answered that in the last post. If you were expecting something else you could call them tomorrow and let us know the result..