Koodo Community

Community

Solved

service

broken promises

19 replies

Userlevel 2
Can you elaborate more on what the issue you are having is?
Userlevel 6
It's hard to make much sense of a 2 word sentence.:-) did they tell you all your calls would be free and you were surprised to see a bill. 🙂 there is no emoticon for facetiousness otherwise I would use it.
sent three month old smart phone in for service over two weeks ago. on three separate occasions service reps informed me that it had been sent out. each one retracted the previous ones statement as to when it was sent.
Userlevel 2
You did go to a Koodo SHOP, correct?
still have not received phone but I guess that doesn't matter because I'm sure they Will still expect payment for my monthly plan!
Userlevel 2
You had the option of using a loaner phone in the mean time. Your phone being away from repair does not excuse you not being charged a monthly bill. The only time you don't occur a monthly bill is if you cancel.
no nearest koodo shop is 90minute drive away!!
Userlevel 2
So you received a mailer to send your phone away for repair?
they were supposed to send later phone but all they sent was packaging to send mine back!
Userlevel 2
What it sounds like is you went with the send your phone in and receive a replacement phone once your phone is received. That's how that option works.
yes and when did not receive it I called again they told informed me that it would be sent out the next day. still no phone. called again spoke to supervisor said he was so sorry and that I would receive it by Monday...broken promises!!
Userlevel 4
Again...there is that word..."promise"
Userlevel 2
I'd call customer service and see if they'll credit you for the time you haven't had a phone. Especially if they were suppose to provide you with a replacement/loaner phone by a specific date and it wasn't sent out/hasn't arrived. I've never done a replacement/repair with Koodo, but with Rogers the replacement/loaner device comes with the packaging that you use to send the broken device back, so you don't have to wait for them to receive the broken device and then send out a replacement, it's all done with the first initial mailing. I'm sure people would appreciate it if Koodo adopted this practice as well, it cuts down the time without a usable device by at least a couple days. Especially considering Koodo is apparently the 'best' at customer service, as they love to claim.
Userlevel 4
mattjs wrote:

I'd call customer service and see if they'll credit you for the time you haven't had a phone. Es...

Koodo should be able to locate a tracking number as well and be able to find the shipment via the purolator site.
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

I'd call customer service and see if they'll credit you for the time you haven't had a phone. Es...

Another thing Rogers does which is great imo. When you call in and do the replacement request, you get a confirmation notice and tracking number emailed to you within 24 hours. I'm sure Koodo can track down and provide the number as well, but it would be convenient for the customers if this was sent out automatically when the request was initially made imo.
Userlevel 4
mattjs wrote:

I completely agree, mattjs
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

It doesn't exactly help that Janet isn't being clear on the process that she's chosen.
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

very true
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

Koodo does have an option where they can send out the new phone immediately. From the sounds of it she decided not to take this option.