Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Sent or received text is different from the original?

Has anyone else ever had an issue where you send or receive a text that is different than the original. I have had it on 3 occasions, 2 of which put me in very uncomforable positions. Case in point today, my girlfriend sent me a text that she had gone to the emergency ward at the hospital and I received a text saying that she had lost her purse (which she had sent me 3 months or so ago), combined with the last line of todays text. Never knew about the emerg trip until I got home 5 hours later. The other one was a text that I had sent that had the same thing happen to it but boy when combined with part of an old text got me in some hot water. Part of the problem is in two of the cases they were stitched together almost seamlessly which is even odder. I had to physically show my phone to compare texts, thank goodness I still had it. At my wits end, have contacted Koodo but ready to change carriers. No one that I know has ever had this happen to them, just curious if I am the only one

12 replies

Userlevel 1
Whoa that is crazy. This is the first I have ever heard of this happening? Maybe time for a new phone?
Userlevel 1
Mo D. wrote:

Whoa that is crazy. This is the first I have ever heard of this happening? Maybe time for a new p...

The first question mark was supposed to be an exclamation
Mo D. wrote:

Whoa that is crazy. This is the first I have ever heard of this happening? Maybe time for a new p...

Thanks for the reply Mo D, not sure if it's the phone or the carrier but it is very disturbing for sure.
Userlevel 1
Mo D. wrote:

Well if it was the carrier we woulda heard about it from more people. But this seems isolated
Mo D. wrote:

Yes, that's true if I turn out to be the only one that has the issue as it seems that I am. Phones not that old but out of warranty I'm afraid. Might just have to bite the bullet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mo D. wrote:

Back everything up and do a factory reset.
Userlevel 7
First thing I would do is backup my messages and erase all of them from my phone Next, if I'm using android I switch messaging apps (I love Chomp) and I disable the built in app. If it happens again I smash my phone Put all the pieces in a can and burn them Next tell everyone you're moving somewhere where voodoo spells can be lifted. If that doesn't work, move to utah.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

First thing I would do is backup my messages and erase all of them from my phone Next, if I'm us...

Moving to Utah would require him to get 40 wives, though. If he's having trouble with one girlfriend, imagine the shenanigans that could happen in Utah!
Userlevel 2
So you have a touch screen phone? That happens!
Userlevel 4
Xavier wrote:

The text situation happens because he has a touch screen phone? Not likely.
Userlevel 7
Xavier wrote:

Wuh what? Unless you've got the stylish LG flip phone all the phones are touch screen. I'm sticking with voodo.
Userlevel 4
Why was the title changed??