Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Sending international MMS doesn't work

Hi, I have Koodo 45$ Canada-wide plan and can't send MMS to international phone numbers (all of them are MMS-enabled phones capable to receive MMS). Meanwhile I can send MMS to Canadian numbers without any issues. Any ideas on this? Thanks.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there Michael... What country you are trying to send mms to? and What is the provider from that person in that country receiving the mms?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you send SMS to an out of country #?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Keep in mind that this may be an issue with the foreign carrier as well. I use WhatsApp now as international MMS was so unreliable for me.
Thanks guys for your quick input. I can send SMS to the same number. And WhatApp is pretty good, but still not used by everybody. Actually I found an answer - that carrier I try to send doesn't support Koodo (Telus) as MMS international partner. Thus I cannot send any picture/video message. But here is another question arising -- where can I get the list of international carriers which have such agreement with Koodo/Telus and can exchange MMS internationally? To make more clear what I am asking about, below is the example for T-mobile. http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2826 Actually I couldn't find the similar list on Koodo website.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mltf1498 wrote:

Thanks guys for your quick input. I can send SMS to the same number. And WhatApp is pretty good, ...

I know that WhatsApp isn't used by everyone, but it shouldn't be too hard to convince your overseas friends to use it (my overseas friends convinced me). I too would prefer MMS to work as it's easier, but this seems like the most reliable option at the moment. I think I'd still have to use WhatsApp even if Koodo had better international MMS support as none of my friends have good international messaging rates.
Userlevel 6
mltf1498 wrote:

Thanks guys for your quick input. I can send SMS to the same number. And WhatApp is pretty good, ...

Hi Michael, here is the list: http://koo.do/TAUO5h 🙂
mltf1498 wrote:

Thanks for answer Yannick! I am a bit confused about definition 'pay-per-use picture messaging for monthly customers'. Will it mean that for 45$ canada wide data plan there is no such term as international SMS/MMS are all included in it? If so, the limitation with USA and Philippines is confusing as well. Is it applied for 'pay-per-use' mode or for all cases?
mltf1498 wrote:

Philisoraptor, I am fully agree, as I am Whatsapp user too. My curiousity is only about how far international MMS service goes to. It is still ambiguous for me.
Hi Michael Koodo mobile customers can send/receive an MMS message directly to/from a U.S. partner carrier customer handset but they cannot send/receive an MMS to/from an International Carrier, except in the Philippines.