Koodo Community

Community

Send free texts via self serve

Just thought it would be a good idea to be able to send text messages via the self serve account. That way, if you misplaced your phone, you could send it a text. If your battery dies while on the road, you could send/receive texts from your phone number through your computer.

8 replies

Interesting idea, but I don't know if this could be implemented.
Userlevel 6
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Interesting idea, but I don't know if this could be implemented.

Yeap, koodo always had this. See Paul's post below.
I know that there are some phone apps that I have used while in the US that allow me to send and receive free text messages to other phones. It even creates a phone number as well. So maybe with that similar style of programming, it can be implemented into self serve...
Well, anyhing is possible I suppose. It's all a matter if Koodo wants to take the time/money to initiate it. Interesting idea regardless.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Right at the bottom of this screen there is a click able option that says "send a message" click on it.
For now you could send sms via email XXXXXXXXXX@msg.koodomobile.com Where the x are the phone number
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ProfN wrote:

For now you could send sms via email XXXXXXXXXX@msg.koodomobile.com Where the x are the p...

Look above at my response and follow my instructions ProfN it can be donethough
Userlevel 5
Thanks guys for letting the community know that we already offer this 🙂 WaRRen, keep those ideas coming!