Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Send a phone to repair for a broken microphone, come back with snow storm in background of it!

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace II. My problem is that two weeks ago, I send my phone to repair and i've got it back today! The micro got broken (probably dust or something) and now when I call someone they told me that there is always a «Griccchhh...» I record myself and it do make the same «sound».....Should I send it to repair again or do something else. Before sending to repair people would only hear me from far, but now it's like snowing in my micro! Thanks for answer!

3 replies

Badge +4
Hearing a lot of static is what it sounds like. What about on Bluetooth, do you get the same effect? If you don't have a Bluetooth earpiece, try the wired headphones that came with the device.There's a microphone built into the cable. Make a voice recording while talking through the mic and see if you get the same static effect. You could try going to a Koodo kiosk and explaining that the device has already been sent off for repair and came back defective. I'll leave it at that and to community members that are more familiar with this procedure.
Well I did try it my friend hear me better with a Bluetooth device, but without it kind of a small inside snow storm
Badge +4
Florent Gascon wrote:

Well I did try it my friend hear me better with a Bluetooth device, but without it kind of a smal...

It's a quick fix. Best to stop by a Koodo kiosk with your repair receipts and defective Ace 2x and explain the situation. You might be able to get a replacement device right away, or it may get sent off for repair again.