Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Selling my tab and plan

Im selling my plan and tab to someone,,, how do i go about keeping my number? should i make a new account transfer the number and then change the ownership of the old account?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Haley, I didn't know selling your account was even possible...If you plan on changing cellphone company, then yes this is what you should do before you sell your account. May I ask why are you planning on selling it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Haley, You can't transfer your plan & tab while porting out the number... that immediately cancels the plan. You'll have to pay the full tab 🙂 You can transfer the ownership INCLUDING the number, then the new party can get a new number and so can you... if that is no objection, it will cost you $25 to transfer ownership. However you choose to sell it is your own responsibility as long as you both appear at the Koodo store with sufficient legitimation 🙂 Hope that answers your question, feel free to ask more!
I not leaving the company I'm just thinking about it, I have a good plan that someone else could benefit from that is out of market, I just need more data
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Haley Turner wrote:

I not leaving the company I'm just thinking about it, I have a good plan that someone else could ...

You'll definitely lose your number to the buyer, there is no other way. What more do you need to know?
Userlevel 7
Haley Turner wrote:

I not leaving the company I'm just thinking about it, I have a good plan that someone else could ...

You could always change your plan in self serve if more data is what you need. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Haley Turner wrote:

^ sorry meant to say what ELSE do you need to know, lol, my English sometimes fails me. Didn't mean to sound so terse 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hailey, I'm thoroughly confused now, it appears you just signed up with Koodo and now you're thinking of selling your plan?! http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/transfering_numbers_and_associated_fees You can't transfer your account to anybody else for 90 days.
Userlevel 7
Sophia wrote:

Hailey, I'm thoroughly confused now, it appears you just signed up with Koodo and now you're thin...

Sophia the person in the link's name is hailey chu? the OP of this thread is hailey turner. Im confused
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Hailey, I'm thoroughly confused now, it appears you just signed up with Koodo and now you're thin...

Oooh haha no it's not YOU confused, it's ME! Sorry Haley, I completely missed the last name 🙂 Thanks Daniel!
This info isn't really what I'm asking... I'll call koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Haley Turner wrote:

This info isn't really what I'm asking... I'll call koodo

Usually for non-specific personal questions, the answers in this forum are every bit as good as what you'll hear from Koodo on the phone. Except for my occasional blonde moments of course 😃 You'll get the same answer from Koodo: you can't sell your plan and keep your number at the same time.