Koodo Community

Community

Sell Koodo Prepaid at Airports in the international arrivals area

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Picture this... You are from Another country and just arrive at a Canadian airport. You don't realize or just didn't plan properly but you are unaware that you are going to be hit with huge roaming charges as texts come in when you turn your phone on. You emails are pushed through. And you need to call the hotel. But wait. You see a big Koodo kiosk with a big sign thy reminds me of roaming pain. And you read that if you sign up for a simple Koodo prepaid plan you can save hundreds of dollars. You are thankful that Koodo reminded you of this and you now have one less stress to worry about during your trip to the great country of Canada. As you leave you think... Thanks El Tabador... What's an El Tabador... Funny Canadians

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hahaha! I love the way you worded that, Dennis!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Hahaha! I love the way you worded that, Dennis!

Thanks. I had lots of time at the airport to be creative 🙂
Userlevel 7
It depends on how long the customer is staying for because the base plans are still a minimum 30-day thing. What if the customer is only staying for 2 weeks? Isn't a waste to have a base plan + a booster if they're not getting the full 30 days out of it?
Userlevel 1
Exactly what Jonathan said. As an example, when I go down to US, there's no way I'm going to buy a 30 days plan if I'm only staying for a few days. Some of my friends that visited Canada before was also looking for value sim card with plan but most of them are just too expensive for their short stay, so in the end they didn't get anything. If Koodo can be the roammobility for Canadian network (plan by days), that'll be awesome.
Userlevel 6
I think it's a great idea to sell pre-paid cards at airports! Pre-paid even if staying for a week is less than you'll pay your home carrier for a week of roaming especially if you're roaming Data!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Actually... I beg to differ, Jonathan and JP 😛 Take any prepaid plan, from any provider... when you add Data, in MOST cases you will buy a 100MB or larger bucket which will be valid for a month... in fact the whole prepaid card is purchased for a month. I don't really see the difference between Koodo prepaid and any other provider in that respect, with one exception: frequent travelers (more than once a year) would benefit more from the $100 topup which would be valid for a whole year... Since Koodo calling is Canada wide and International calling truly affordable (25 cents per minute and no need for an extra calling card), I'd say it is more than perfect even for 2 week vacationers 🙂
Userlevel 1
The way I see it, imagine if I'm a US resident travelling up to Canada for a few days I don't want to spend 2 weeks (or 1 month) worth of plan. I can see that most of other providers in Canada are basically the same (I won't buy the prepaid if I'm just visiting for a few days), hence.. Koodo be different and get the bigger customer base (the one that I've seen was just not getting anything because everything else in comparison is just too expensive). Different story when we go down south, some providers have "Daily" plans which is "Perfect"! and I don't mind spending $4/day (ultd txt, pic & local calling + data too) vs paying $50 but only going to use it for a few days. Pretty much the pre-paid plan that Koodo and other provider in Canada have are mostly geared to the locals that doesn't want to have a fixed plan and only use their phone sparringly (or give it to the kids, so that they can limit how much the kids will use per month).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JP wrote:

The way I see it, imagine if I'm a US resident travelling up to Canada for a few days I don't wan...

Yes, for day or weekend trips to the US, I absolutely love T-Mobile. $2 for the day with unlimited everything (data is Edge speed though, for $3 per day 200MB high speed is added).