Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Sd card app doesnt exist

Apps moved to SD card are greyed out. Bought the SD card 3 days ago.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Which phone do you have? And what OS version?
Samsung s4
5.0 1
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ok well not every app is compatible to move to SD card. It's up to devs, A lot of devs want to avoid troubles by people moutning their device and suddenly apps don't work or popping out the SD card and such. Games are generally ok. Is it every app you've looked at that's greyed out?
Userlevel 7
Not all apps can be moved to the SD card. Try restarting your device first and try again.
It is every app I moved over. I have restarted my phone and even formated the card. They all show up "com."
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You were able to move every app and now you cannot access the app? Is that what you mean by greyed out? The app icons?
Yes. Sorry should have clarified. There were a few apps it would not let me move over. Even if I Uninstall a greyed icon it does not recover the memory, so I can't even reinstall.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What file format did you use to format the card? Can you elaborate when you say that they all show up "com?"
Badge +4
One option is to root your S4. There are a number of apps available that will allow you to move apps from internal storage to the SD card provided the phone has root access. There's a fair bit of reading involved, but the process is fairly simple if you follow the instructions to the letter. After the phone has root access, you'll be able to download an app like Link2SD and move most apps over to the SD card. CF-Auto-Root [CANADIAN MODELS ONLY] SGH-I337M http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2293800 Link2SD https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD&hl=en Disclaimer: rooting will void the manufacturers warranty.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

One option is to root your S4. There are a number of apps available that will allow you to move a...

Kinda doubtful that an S4 would still be under warranty.
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

One option is to root your S4. There are a number of apps available that will allow you to move a...

I was thinking the same at time of print to include 'if one still exists', but couldn't recall exactly when Koodo or their partnered retailers had pulled the S4 out of the lineup.