Koodo Community

Community

Scream!

I am constantly losing my phone, whether it's slipped under the car seat or my toddler has hidden it in a drawer. And usually at the same time my battery dies. Would be awesome if the phone came with the scream feature built in that you can add on from Norton's, where you can make it "yell" even if the phone is shut off.

15 replies

You cannot make a device "scream" if it's turned off. If there is no electricity running through the device and the device is not on, then no program will work. It would if just the screen its off, but not if the phone is turned off.
Yes , and if the battery is dead that will not work for sure !
Sorry, mistyped that, I'm doing this with my son climbing on my arm 🙂 The scream option works if your phone is silenced, not shut off. My son is often also hitting the side button that turns the volume down/off, so I can't make it ring to find it.
Userlevel 3
Shannon Stephenson wrote:

Sorry, mistyped that, I'm doing this with my son climbing on my arm 🙂 The scream option works i...

I cannot say for sure about the Android or iOS though I'm sure they have something similar but windows phone "Find my phone" will work regardless of what the phones ringer is set to.
Userlevel 1
Shannon Stephenson wrote:

Sorry, mistyped that, I'm doing this with my son climbing on my arm 🙂 The scream option works i...

For Android phones there is "Screaming PhoneMobile Innovations AD apps" that makes your phone ring even if you have disabled its sound. Just send a special SMS to your phone and Screaming Phone will beep.
Userlevel 6
I so need this!
Userlevel 5
If you have an iPhone it does this already. First make sure Find my iPhone is activated under iCloud in the settings. Then when your phone is misplaced, log into icloud.com, wait for it to find your phone, then you can send an alert to it even if the phone is in silent mode. I end up needing to use it once every few months because it's slipped away from me somewhere.
Androidlost is by far the best one I've used. It can make your phone "scream" as well as many other things, inlcuding turning data/wifi on and off, and locating your phone.
Chris Batchilder wrote:

Androidlost is by far the best one I've used. It can make your phone "scream" as well as many oth...

Do you just type in Androidlost?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Batchilder wrote:

Androidlost is by far the best one I've used. It can make your phone "scream" as well as many oth...

Here's the one he's talking about but really the built in FIND MY DEVICE software built into your android can do the same things if set up. If you have a android wear smartwatch you can press one button on thr watch and it will make your phone ring so you can find it, it's pretty neat and super convenient and easy to use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidlost
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nokia is presently working on something that helps you find your phone, keys anything you clip these little tags upon. It will even show a gps location on your phone or computer to track the item.
Userlevel 7
If you have an Android, it can do this too. First make sure to download "Find My Droid" through the Google Play Store. Then when your phone is misplaced, you get someone elses' phone and you text yourself a certain command that will either track your phone, make it go off, etc.
what if I don't have that app on my phone,  can it still make it scream??

I have a Samsung galaxy phone,  ringer silenced, so when husband phones me, it doesn't ring,  can I override this somehow so I can find my phone??

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Annie wrote:

I have a Samsung galaxy phone,  ringer silenced, so when husband phones me, it doesn't ring,...

The app would need to be installed first.

When you find your phone, you can set a special silent ringtone for your husband in Contacts, or you can choose a special loud ringtone for one number and a quiet one for all other numbers.