Koodo Community

Community

Solved

S4 has a cracked screen

Hi I have a Koodo samsung galaxy S4 with a cracked screen,it had an otterbox and invisiblesheild on it. Is it elligible for trade in or repair? Im currently on a new galaxy S3 with koodo as I need another phone immedietly, thank you Tanner

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can send it for repair but as its physical damage it will not be covered under warranty and you will have to pay for the repair. Your other option is to buy a new phone with any remaining tab or outright price. What do you mean your using a Galaxy S3 but need a new phone immediately? Also how the heck did you smash the display with an otterbox and invisishield on it, it's next to impossible to do that with both of those?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

You can send it for repair but as its physical damage it will not be covered under warranty and y...

I have cracked an Otterbox, but I do agree it is hard, but unfortunately you will have to pay for repair or else pay for a new phone.
It was also inside a belt pouch got slammed in a door. Already bought an S3 to replace it. Anyone know if its worth repairing? Battery was bent and ruined too
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tanner Roth wrote:

It was also inside a belt pouch got slammed in a door. Already bought an S3 to replace it. Anyone...

If the glass is smashed the battery is smashed then probably other internals are damaged as well and if so it's gonna cost a lot, I wouldn't bother but you could use it as a learning tool on how to fix your own phone if it happens again & take it apart and see. Other than that the glass and display it's self is probably around $300 for the parts alone and then the battery is another $50 or so, so if nothing else is damaged your looking at $350 just for parts.