Koodo Community

s20 fe 5g unresponsive screen

s20 fe 5g unresponsive screen after the screen locks. Have to hit power button into camera and tap until it wakes up. At first a minor annoyance but now drives me nuts. Tried hard resets and software update and increase touch responses in settings. The koodo help website and q assistant is no help. Cannot find anywhere to get a hold of a human being to ask for help. I live a far distance from the nearest koodo store and we are locked down for the foreseeable future. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What do you mean by "have to hit power button into camera and tap until it wakes up"?

The touch screen is completely unresponsive when the lock screen is activated sometimes. The only way to make the phone respond is to power button click until the camera opens then tap the screen about 10 times and it wakes up and works completely normal until locked again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The touch screen is completely unresponsive when the lock screen is activated sometimes. The only way to make the phone respond is to power button click until the camera opens then tap the screen about 10 times and it wakes up and works completely normal until locked again. 

Did it ever work for you or has it been like this since you got the phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The issue could also be caused by a bad screen protector. I would suggest you remove it and test (if you had) There are also several apps  to test the responsiveness of the screen. You could use them to test if that was the screen protector or the actual screen.

Not using a screen protector. 

Badge +4

Check to see whether ‘Double tap to wake’ is enabled or not. Go to Settings - scroll down to and tap Advanced features. Scroll down and tap Motions and gestures. Look for Double tap to wake or Double tap to turn on screen. Move the slider to the on position to enable this feature.

The double tap to wake option has no effect. It happens more often if I leave the phone sitting somewhere for a while and pick it up like it has gone into hibernation and needs to wake up again like a pc in sleep mode

Badge +4

The double tap to wake option has no effect. It happens more often if I leave the phone sitting somewhere for a while and pick it up like it has gone into hibernation and needs to wake up again like a pc in sleep mode

Normally, a hard reset/factory reset should clear up any rogue apps that may be causing issues, this is sounding more like a hardware issue.

When did you get this phone?

If ordered online and still within the 30 day return period from the date of purchase, I would suggest returning this phone and exchanging it for one without this problem. To initiate a return contact the webstore at koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com.

If the return window has passed, the phone is still repairable under the manufacturer’s one-year warranty.  Since the distance to a Koodo shop is a concern, contact Koodo and request a return mailer. They will email you with further instructions on how to return the device. 

To contact Koodo, schedule a callback using Koodo Assist. Enter #socialtech in the chat dialogue box to get the ‘schedule a callback’ window quicker. Or, if you prefer, send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or a direct message via Twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or https://twitter.com/koodo

Ok I will try to get a hold of them

May have somewhat solved this. Deleted lockscreen pattern, fingerprints and turned on the screen on when phone is picked up option. So far seems like it works normally now but without the lock.