Koodo Community
Solved

Roaming charges

• 15 June 2021
  • 6 replies

I work close to the boarder and Koodo keeps trying to charge me roaming charges. But I am still in Canada. 

icon

Best answer by Goran 15 June 2021, 00:24

What you can do is go into your phone settings and select manual network selection. Then pick Koodo from the list that populates. Your phone will then only connect to Koodo.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What you can do is go into your phone settings and select manual network selection. Then pick Koodo from the list that populates. Your phone will then only connect to Koodo.

Perfect I did this! Thanks for the tip. Does Koodo offer a plan with unlimited data? I will be a delivery man, so running a phone GPS through data everyday. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo/fido/Virgin tier do not do unlimited data. That would be Telus/Rogers/Bell. You can switch to Telus for those plans of course but also GPS doesn't use that much data.
you can predownload a large area on google maps so that it uses much less data as you go.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In addition to Goran’s comment, you can also download apps such as Copilot, or Here Maps, and have all the data on your phone, rather than using data for maps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Note that anytime your restart your phone, you will need to do the manual network selection again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Perfect I did this! Thanks for the tip. Does Koodo offer a plan with unlimited data? I will be a delivery man, so running a phone GPS through data everyday. 

GPS does not use that much data. Unless you have very low amount, you should be good.