Koodo Community
Solved

Roaming

• 17 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I got a text and email from koodo saying that my phone did some roaming and gave me some options if I wanted to continue with that. Problem was that I was at my kitchen table and wasn’t anywhere near where I would usually get at roaming ‘welcome to the us’ text. I did a chat with the computer assistant here and changed my network to only koodo from automatic so this won’t happen again, but no I’m wondering if I’m going to see a charge on my next bill from this roaming incident… at my kitchen table.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Goran 17 January 2021, 01:44

Potentially if you were using data or made outgoing sms or calls. If you didn't and were on WiFi I'd imagine youll be fine. Are you within a couple km of the border or something?

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Potentially if you were using data or made outgoing sms or calls. If you didn't and were on WiFi I'd imagine youll be fine. Are you within a couple km of the border or something?

I wasn’t doing anything with my phone. It just went off while I was doing dishes and welcomed me to the us. I live in north saanich bc which is near the ferry terminal. I’ve never had a roaming text out at my house. I’ve only had them when I go downtown near the ocean there. Thanks for answering.