Koodo Community

Community

Revise/Remove Service Charge Warning When Calling 611

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Time and time again we get people upset regarding the service charge when calling 611 even though there is [b]no charge in most cases. I propose either:

1. Revising the automated warning to mention that a service charge only applies to things that could've been handled online.

OR

2. Remove the warning altogether and have the agent warn the customer if there will be a charge for their request.

Personally, I like option #2.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
One can wish.. haha. But in all seriousness, I hope they do this. We've complained enough. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Idea 2 is good but what if he forgets? Will the customer be obliged to pay? The robot never forgets and it's uncontested that he mentioned it to the customer
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Idea 2 is good but what if he forgets? Will the customer be obliged to pay? The robot never forge...

All hail our new robot overlords!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Idea 2 is good but what if he forgets? Will the customer be obliged to pay? The robot never forge...

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.

If (s)he forgets, no charge. What if you went to a store and got a free item because the cashier forgot to scan it?
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

Idea 1 is already a thing.
I called in for a customer the other day and was told that I would only eb charged for services that can be handled on self serve.
cant remember if the bloke was prepaid or postpaid
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Thanks for the feedback Ivan! We made changes to the recording for sake of greater clarity. While the recording always included a message stating the charge only applied if customers asked for something they could do themselves, we found that some never finished listening to the full recording. So, we reversed the order to ensure no one is mistaken.
Userlevel 2
Robert wrote:

Well, Perhaps its time to hang up the phone one last time, and say hello to Online Interactive Function, Call Centers are like out of season, a new and improved approach to this is long overdue, don't you agree?
Userlevel 5
Robert wrote:

Ya and include some musac elevator tunes , with a couple inter departmental adds...:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

You are speaking to the choir Makkahn.:-)